Premier League 23/24

I completely agree…and yet this bloke won the FA Cup. Imagine how much of a complete bastard you have to be to have fans boo you after achieving that.
Also managed the team to the biggest ever top-flight away win, got us to our first ever European semi-final, and humbled some of the best teams in the country during his time here. Bullied both Manchester clubs on their own turf. Smashed Newcastle up repeatedly. He did some extraordinary stuff with this club that we might never have seen otherwise. Sadly for his legacy at the club, the most outstanding was getting us out of the Premier League, for which I’d argue his leadership was largely responsible, but I think it’s fair to throw a good portion of the blame at the people above him who refused to have the difficult conversations with him until it was far too late to reverse the direction we were going in. I still maintain they were a year too late removing him.

The reality of the Brendan Rodgers we got is of extreme highs and lows, which in fairness to him is miles better than I expected. With the benefit of more than a year to reflect on everything, I believe my overall opinion of him has improved from before he joined us. Being a high-profile football manager is a much more difficult job than most fans have sufficient respect for, and BR didn’t necessarily make it easier for himself by playing the press game the way he does, but he had the club in a good position to make a real step up and he wasn’t backed the way he perhaps had a right to expect.

Also managed the team to the biggest ever top-flight away win, got us to our first ever European semi-final, and humbled some of the best teams in the country during his time here. Bullied both Manchester clubs on their own turf. Smashed Newcastle up repeatedly. He did some extraordinary stuff with this club that we might never have seen otherwise. Sadly for his legacy at the club, the most outstanding was getting us out of the Premier League, for which I’d argue his leadership was largely responsible, but I think it’s fair to throw a good portion of the blame at the people above him who refused to have the difficult conversations with him until it was far too late to reverse the direction we were going in. I still maintain they were a year too late removing him.

The reality of the Brendan Rodgers we got is of extreme highs and lows, which in fairness to him is miles better than I expected. With the benefit of more than a year to reflect on everything, I believe my overall opinion of him has improved from before he joined us. Being a high-profile football manager is a much more difficult job than most fans have sufficient respect for, and BR didn’t necessarily make it easier for himself by playing the press game the way he does, but he had the club in a good position to make a real step up and he wasn’t backed the way he perhaps had a right to expect.
I can agree with almost all of that except the last sentence.

He had no right to expect financial backing due to him and his team completely ****ing yo their last recruitment drive.

The club inexplicably made two horrific decisions after appointing BR as manager.

The first one was allowing BR to bring his mate Congerton in. That destroyed the separation of recruitment and management which had served us so well. From that moment on, our ability to buy wisely and sell high was ruined.

The second one was giving BR a disgusting new contract in Dec 2019. That totally changed the power dynamic at the club. From then on, BR was able to sack and recruit staff at will. He destroyed the analytical set up that was instrumental in our success. He wanted all the power and the club gave it to him.

BR continued to deliver on the pitch all the way through to winning the FA Cup in 2021. Yes, we bottled the top four twice, yes we messed up opportunities in the LC (v Villa) and made a total mess of the EL. But overall he made good use of the very good squad he had inherited.

However, because of those two appalling acts of self harm back in 2019, we were doomed. It all inevitably started to unravel. BR demanded money to be spent on himself, his support team, his preferred signings, etc. He wanted an extensive (bloated) squad. The club had never grown into a properly run top level football operation so the only people that could have intervened to stop our decline were either complicit (Rudkin) or stupid (Whelan and Aiyawatt).

By the time we did the sums and realised we were fecked, it was all too late. By the time BR realised he had spent it all and it was all going to shit, he had a choice. He could have walked and picked up a decent job elsewhere. He chose to stay until being sacked which was entirely about his own personal greed at the expense of the club. The club leaders were long since fecked whatever they did.

So how should we reflect on BR after that crazy saga? My view is that he saw an opportunity with a weak club without anyone who would challenge him and he took us to the cleaners quite deliberately. He couldn't give a shit about Leicester City. He was always only about Brendan Rodgers Ltd.

For that, I despise the man irrespective of him winning the FA Cup for us. I also equally despise Rudkin and Whelan for their absolute idiocy and incompetence. And I pity the pathetic Aiyawatt who was exploited by them all and continues to sign the cheques and wonder why every one he signs seems to be worth less than the last.

I can agree with almost all of that except the last sentence.

He had no right to expect financial backing due to him and his team completely ****ing yo their last recruitment drive.
I think should have had to answer some tough questions, such as what the **** is Soumaré, why is Ryan Bertrand here, why did you insist on Vestergaard when you clearly don’t know what he does, things like that. But I also don’t think he should have been given Sideshow Bob as an afterthought when it was too late to sign anyone better. Arguably he should have been kept out of recruitment altogether.

The club inexplicably made two horrific decisions after appointing BR as manager.

The first one was allowing BR to bring his mate Congerton in. That destroyed the separation of recruitment and management which had served us so well. From that moment on, our ability to buy wisely and sell high was ruined.

The second one was giving BR a disgusting new contract in Dec 2019. That totally changed the power dynamic at the club. From then on, BR was able to sack and recruit staff at will. He destroyed the analytical set up that was instrumental in our success. He wanted all the power and the club gave it to him.

BR continued to deliver on the pitch all the way through to winning the FA Cup in 2021. Yes, we bottled the top four twice, yes we messed up opportunities in the LC (v Villa) and made a total mess of the EL. But overall he made good use of the very good squad he had inherited.

However, because of those two appalling acts of self harm back in 2019, we were doomed. It all inevitably started to unravel. BR demanded money to be spent on himself, his support team, his preferred signings, etc. He wanted an extensive (bloated) squad. The club had never grown into a properly run top level football operation so the only people that could have intervened to stop our decline were either complicit (Rudkin) or stupid (Whelan and Aiyawatt).

By the time we did the sums and realised we were fecked, it was all too late. By the time BR realised he had spent it all and it was all going to shit, he had a choice. He could have walked and picked up a decent job elsewhere. He chose to stay until being sacked which was entirely about his own personal greed at the expense of the club. The club leaders were long since fecked whatever they did.

So how should we reflect on BR after that crazy saga? My view is that he saw an opportunity with a weak club without anyone who would challenge him and he took us to the cleaners quite deliberately. He couldn't give a shit about Leicester City. He was always only about Brendan Rodgers Ltd.

For that, I despise the man irrespective of him winning the FA Cup for us. I also equally despise Rudkin and Whelan for their absolute idiocy and incompetence. And I pity the pathetic Aiyawatt who was exploited by them all and continues to sign the cheques and wonder why every one he signs seems to be worth less than the last.

Yep, having that

For the record I absolutely ****ing despise the complete bastard

Rodgers as well…

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469