Premier League 23/24

The game is ****ed. It’s been a good ride.

What a load of shite. I presume the football authorities are too shit scared to challenge it, so we end up with this.

I said it before on the super league thread - Let them **** off and not play in domestic football, we’ll just carry on without them.

Football has always been corrupt. All football fans ignore it in their own club and point the finger at others.

As soon as we sold up to Mandaric, City have been bent. To be honest, we probably were before that too.

The only way to 'ladder up' to any meaningful extent is to cheat. We did to get into the PL. We then did it with, for example, spurious sponsorship deals with Asian 'partners' and underpaying employees on the books whilst giving them lucrative secondary roles in other KP companies.

Chelsea changed the game by cheating by inventing income. Man City took it to another level. Now Newcastle will make them both seem like amateurs.

It's almost quaint to remember when it was Man Utd and Liverpool and Arsenal taking players from anyone they wanted to by tapping up and having agents make moves happen.

Who exactly isn't corrupt in football? Even Sheff Utd and Forest backed Newcastle in this vote.

Fans could force change whenever we wanted to by coordinating protests. Boycotting matches and cancelling subscriptions would scare them shitless. We all saw what happened after the Super League announcement.

Sadly, our representative groups are shambolic. Easily distracted by the mundane. And this is how one of the few journalists that tries to point out the truth is treated by 'fans'.

Football has always been corrupt. All football fans ignore it in their own club and point the finger at others.
Yep
As soon as we sold up to Mandaric, City have been bent. To be honest, we probably were before that too.
Yep
The only way to 'ladder up' to any meaningful extent is to cheat.
Yep
We did to get into the PL.
Yep
We then did it with, for example, spurious sponsorship deals with Asian 'partners' and underpaying employees on the books whilst giving them lucrative secondary roles in other KP companies.
Yep
Chelsea changed the game by cheating by inventing income. Man City took it to another level. Now Newcastle will make them both seem like amateurs.
Yep, yep, yep
It's almost quaint to remember when it was Man Utd and Liverpool and Arsenal taking players from anyone they wanted to by tapping up and having agents make moves happen.
Ah, the good old days
Who exactly isn't corrupt in football?
Very few
Even Sheff Utd and Forest backed Newcastle in this vote.
****s
Fans could force change whenever we wanted to by coordinating protests. Boycotting matches and cancelling subscriptions would scare them shitless. We all saw what happened after the Super League announcement.
Never happening
Sadly, our representative groups are shambolic. Easily distracted by the mundane. And this is how one of the few journalists that tries to point out the truth is treated by 'fans'.
****s

Some is cheating the rules.
Some is bending the rules to suit.
Forcing rules to be changed ( didn’t points deduction come in after our dark admin days ? )

All big business is corrupt. All millionaires and billionaires are millionaires and billionaires because they are ****ing crooks.

It's always been this way.

All big business is corrupt. All millionaires and billionaires are millionaires and billionaires because they are ****ing crooks.

Aye. I couldn't give 2 shits about this vote tbh, finding some amusement in it too. If we were still up there we'd defo support the wrong'uns too. Sheff being one of the clubs on the dubious side makes me lol. Not long ago their fans were frothing over Wham and their dodgy deals. They also have cock all to gain from anything as they're not even trying to stay up. Must be expecting some other reward for loyalty. Everton have been hard done to recently etc etc....they're in this group too. Fanfuckingtastic stuff

It’s not just big business’

The number of business that can go bust on a Friday then open on a Monday under a slightly different name with same hierarchy is quite frankly disgusting

Ask any electrical wholesaler that have been take for a ride by such ****s ( other industries are available )

The problem for sports league when it comes to the Saudis is quite simple:

Do a deal with them for bags of cash but a moral stain or have them directly attack your league with an even bigger pile of blood money.

IMG_1821.jpeg

This image of Everton fans made me laugh. I mean this is probably true, but the premier league isn’t corrupt because Everton got a penalty (quite rightly) for cheating. It is bent for a whole raft of other things. Mainly how state sponsored football has gone past the point of no return and these state sponsored clubs will just be allowed to do whatever they choose without consequence. That’s the issue. Not Everton. If anything they should’ve just been disqualified entirely. Rugby Union got it right when they clobbered Saracens for cheating in the same way Everton have cheated.

View attachment 18214

This image of Everton fans made me laugh. I mean this is probably true, but the premier league isn’t corrupt because Everton got a penalty (quite rightly) for cheating. It is bent for a whole raft of other things. Mainly how state sponsored football has gone past the point of no return and these state sponsored clubs will just be allowed to do whatever they choose without consequence. That’s the issue. Not Everton. If anything they should’ve just been disqualified entirely. Rugby Union got it right when they clobbered Saracens for cheating in the same way Everton have cheated.
I think they may have a point about the Man City farce, to be fair.

The RFU didn't go nearly far enough - the directors at Saracans should have had substantial (ie. up to life-long) bans from Rugby activities.

Of course they haven’t, because it’s one very simple charge offence, compared to 115 charges, some of which are quite complex

But yeah, they’ve been really hard done by, the poor lambs

Blatantly break the rules and you get done, you cheating scouse ****s
They haven’t even been done, in some ways. I completely understand the reasons why accounts aren’t done in real time, but a real time punishment would be the proper penalty.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663