Premier League 23/24

Christ. Their home record recently is horrible. Their last four games at Bramall Lane have ended 2-5, 0-5, 0-5, 0-6. Twenty-one goals in four games and Brighton have scored ten of them.
I got an unsolicited email the other day from a bloke who claimed to have a surefire method for making money from football betting.
Basically you spread an initial amount across a couple of single & multiple bets at shortish odds & any profit you make, you take away the initial stake & bet with the profit so that you're rarely risking your own money over time as long as you win the bets at the bginning of the sequence.
To be fair, I use a similar method myself so it's not complete shit.

What WAS complete shit was that his first recommended bet was UNDER 2.5 goals in Sheff U v Arsenal ( !! )

I wrote back offering to have a bet with him that not only would it go over 2.5, it'd go over 3.5. No reply.

After the game I sent him a 1 word email : ****

I'm still trying to imagine anyone ****ing dumb enough to actually have made that bet. These crooks piss me off.

The pissing about at the back thing is the only thing I'll accept Pep being a genius for. How many points do competitors lose by doing this shit for no reason?

See Forest are bitching about the officials after another defeat. Maybe look in the mirror a bit? Not everything is down to the officiating. Maybe if your performances weren't shit week after week that'd be a start...

See Forest are bitching about the officials after another defeat. Maybe look in the mirror a bit? Not everything is down to the officiating. Maybe if your performances weren't shit week after week that'd be a start...

Forest have an official referee critic or some bullshit. That absolute bellend ex ref of all people.

He's convinced them that playing that way is the only way. Any team that plays in any other style is a throwback to the age of the dinosaurs. Do you want to get left behind? No? Then trust in meeeeee.....

That narrative goes way beyond Burnley as we all know. I've seen L1 sides in the highlights trying to play out from the back, play the keeper as a 5th defender, do inverted triangles in midfield. ****ing hilarious when they get robbed in the centre circle, trip over their own feet, the keeper scuffs a pass straight to the opponents centre forward etc. Not to mention the amount of times when there's clearly a ball on over the top but they just don't take it. Do they think they're not allowed ??? Laughable really.

The whole thing is a fantastic con really. A handful of elite teams across europe convincing every coach that this is the only way to play while knowing full well it just makes it more likely for them to carry on winning everything.

Everyone seems to forget that when Man City didn't win the league it was Liverpool that stopped them, by playing completely differently.

Hopefully a manager with an IQ of more than 80 will eventually come along & figure it out.

I like this post purely for the Jungle Book reference. Nice work old bean.

Any fears about how we might fare in the Premier League might be alleviated by watching this Chelsea/Newcastle game

Seen better quality matches on a Sunday morning on the local park

Pitiful

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363