Premier League - do we want to be a part of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silly fox

The Friday afternoon debate - do we want to be part of the Premier League?

The reason I ask this question is with the prospect of games being played overseas, no promotion or relegation from it, do we Leicester City really want to be a part of such a set up? I know there is the money angle but what do us, the supporters think of it? Is it the be all and end all to get to the Premier League or should we seek to remain in the Football League?

:icon_razz

Coming soon: Breathing - do you really want to do it ?

The Friday afternoon debate - do we want to be part of the Premier League?

The reason I ask this question is with the prospect of games being played overseas, no promotion or relegation from it, do we Leicester City really want to be a part of such a set up? I know there is the money angle but what do us, the supporters think of it? Is it the be all and end all to get to the Premier League or should we seek to remain in the Football League?

:icon_razz

That should keep us occupied for the next couple of seasons

We've always been a yoyo team playing pretty decent football, except the last four seasons. It's always been good to have the excitement of getting close to promotion, achieving promotion, and then the dissapointment of relegation, but looking forward to the next season when we knew we were in with a chance of promotion again. Obviously only those pre MON will know what i'm on about. If we didn't have aspirations to gain promotion, what would be the point, where would the excitement be, where would the disappointment be ? To just be a midtable CCC team is not what I want.

At the minute I'd settle for some shots on goal, perhaps a few that hit the back net and possibly a few home wins. Beyond that my desires are mere wisps of vapour and cloud. :073:

yes i wanna be part of it, i live in the south west and we have about as much chance of seeing a premiership team down here as joey coming back as our saviour, so when india become the 43rd country to tell the prem clubs to feck off and play up there own end, they may choose exeter as the next venue.

I'd love to see the players come online and honestly answer this question.

I'd hazard a guess that their answers don't match their actions.

I'd love to see the players come online and honestly answer this question.

I'd hazard a guess that their answers don't match their actions.

I dunno - quite a few of them left the prem to come here. They probably have downward aspirations :icon_bigg

What's good is that we have a choice.

Ollie will soon have to talk through this dilemna with the lads. take all things into considerationand decide whether we should push on from 20th in the table and clinch promotion.

I know we could be tempted to lord it for a few more years in the fizzy leage - but on balance i think we owe it to the wider football loving public to move up to the premiership so that everyone can enjoy the silky skills from Barry Hayles and the boys which we take for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566