Premier League today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just realised tonight that Blackburn are sponsored by Crown Paints... how they have fallen since sponsoring the mighty Liverpool side of the 80s!

Arsenal robbed but didn't deserve a win, could be one they regret at the end of season

Liverpool 2-0 against Man Utd at half time.

Brilliant, brilliant play from Suarez for Pool's first goal.

Then 2 big kerscuffles with everyone getting involved just before half time. Be amazed if both teams finish with 11 men. My guess is Carragher and Rafael to be sent off. Maybe Lucas.

Last edited:
My guess is Carragher and Rafael to be sent off. Maybe Lucas.

Paddy Power were offering refunds on certain losing bets if there was a red card. I'm confident of getting my two quid back :icon_cool

Paddy Power were offering refunds on certain losing bets if there was a red card. I'm confident of getting my two quid back :icon_cool

Unlucky ;)

Kuyt with a hat trick, his first for Liverpool. Last time a Liverpool player got a hat trick against Man Utd was in 1990, which was the last time Dalglish managed Liverpool against Utd at Anfield.

Kuyt's goals must've been from about 10 yards combined. Poacher! Suarez was quality.

Wolves against Spurs was a fantastic game, to follow the United/Liverpool match I thought it wouldn't have got much better considering some of the quality in that game, but both teams attacked, fought for every ball & it was brilliant to watch.

Defoe's goals were absolutely fantastic, Hutton should've seen red, Stearman should've seen his goal stand, Doyle was working his socks off & it was a joy to watch. 3-3 was a fair result in the end.

I don't like to see people in obvious pain but watching Nani cry yesterday was hilarious. What a twat.

Last edited:
The vehement reaction of people towards SAF over the past few games has been hilarious.

It just shows how great SAF is. All the talk from the past few games has been about his opinions of referees and all the talk about yesterday's game will be about the press issue, not ManUtd's dip in form. He takes the abuse and criticism from opposition away from the team and unto himself and then he creates a siege mentality atmosphere of "us vs the rest of the world" amongst the supporters, the players and the whole club.

He does it time and time again when ManUtd are under pressure/in a tight spot and so many people: fans and opposition fall for it every single time. You'd have thought they'd have cottoned on by now.

That's why SAF is the greatest man manager and motivator in the history of the game. That's why ManUtd will win the title.

Last edited:
The vehement reaction of people towards SAF over the past few games has been hilarious.

It just shows how great SAF is. All the talk from the past few games has been about his opinions of referees and all the talk about yesterday's game will be about the press issue, not ManUtd's dip in form. He takes the abuse and criticism from opposition away from the team and unto himself and then he creates a siege mentality atmosphere of "us vs the rest of the world" amongst the supporters, the players and the whole club.

He does it time and time again when ManUtd are under pressure/in a tight spot and so many people: fans and opposition fall for it every single time. You'd have thought they'd have cottoned on by now.

That's why SAF is the greatest man manager and motivator in the history of the game. That's why ManUtd will win the title.

Agreed.

I was always very impressed with the similar mentality instilled by Mourinho at Chelsea when needed as well.

I don't have a video, but I saw a clip on the BBC News this morning that at the Everton v Birmingham game last night, the referee Peter Walton forgot his cards so had to mime a yellow card for Birmingham's Mutch.

I don't have a video, but I saw a clip on the BBC News this morning that at the Everton v Birmingham game last night, the referee Peter Walton forgot his cards so had to mime a yellow card for Birmingham's Mutch.

Saw it too - a classic. The BBC footy site not have a photo of the 'mime' but mentions it.

Cheers turned to laughs when a few minutes before the break, referee Walton pulled up Mutch for a foul on Louis Saha.
The Northamptonshire official searched his pockets for a yellow card but failed to find one and instead mimed the action.

Man U currently 2-0 down to West Ham at half time. Whats the betting they come back and grab a point if not the win the second half?

2-3 Rooney hat-trick

Worst Man U team in years, but what a spirit they have. Whatever you think of Ferguson, he is an amazing manager.

We said they'd win it during the halftime.

I noticed Rio had posted on his twitter that 'he didn't like being in the same team as players who don't care if they are losing' dunno when he posted that but it was before the game had finished. Cos then he was posting about how he wasn't going to carry on gloating about the result.

I wonder who he was on about though.......

Important game at Craven Cottage today. Both teams need to win. Could be entertaing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00