preston ne match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the piece from CL and I also think he is spot on. Can't find anything to complain about in what he has said. Bet Andy from Long Eaton can though, :icon_roll

ScarboroughFox said:
agreed very honest !

what complaints?

Not from myself, but there always seems to be someone who complains about his post-match interview. Usually along the lines of 'he said we played well but I thought we played terribly, what game was he watching?' or 'he's happy that we just got a draw but I thought we should have won, he's stupid'. Just people trying to find another reason to hate CL ;)

Leigh said:
Not from myself, but there always seems to be someone who complains about his post-match interview. Usually along the lines of 'he said we played well but I thought we played terribly, what game was he watching?' or 'he's happy that we just got a draw but I thought we should have won, he's stupid'. Just people trying to find another reason to hate CL ;)

They have a name, they are called morons :icon_bigg

From what he said I would imagine his favoured Centre half combination is Gerrbrand and McCarthy.I think he's spot on with what he said and slowly the team is taking shape.People who expect us to wion every match are deluded..amongst other things.

no complaints about what he had to say. i thought deVries was poor today, althought i really thought hume was less effective, a substitute role for him would probably suit his game more.

Yeah Hume was pretty ineffective. We looked better with Elvis and Dion up front but that may just be because Ryan Smith was pulling the strings in startling fashion.
Let's hope Arse have got so many French playrers they don't need him and we can sign him.
Maybe we could use some of the extra million we get for Connolly when Wigan stay up ( now that was a good deal )

So basically CL was saying he is happy with defence because we are not leaking goals or collapsing in the last 10 minutes, but the forwards need to get their act together because when de Vries has an off day we look shite up front!

Sounds about right to me!

highland fox said:
From what he said I would imagine his favoured Centre half combination is Gerrbrand and McCarthy.I think he's spot on with what he said and slowly the team is taking shape.People who expect us to wion every match are deluded..amongst other things.

Agreed. It seems that there is some sort of shape emerging especially re. the defence. I think we have to accept that improvement is going to be steady rather than dramatic and we have to go through the phase of being hard to beat before we move on (if that happens).

Its a well worn theme now..but I still feel that the sale of DC ended any prospect of play off contention for this season.

Redditch Fox said:
Agreed. It seems that there is some sort of shape emerging especially re. the defence. I think we have to accept that improvement is going to be steady rather than dramatic and we have to go through the phase of being hard to beat before we move on (if that happens).

Its a well worn theme now..but I still feel that the sale of DC ended any prospect of play off contention for this season.

very much agreed that we may be out of the playoffs, but should beat teams like preston....as they were quite honestly bollocks. but at least there wasnt shameless lack of effort like against burnley, we are on the up.

I think CL's comments are spot on and tbh most of his post match interviews are very honest, we are looking very good defensively, really solid and over the last few games we have restricted the opposition to very few goalscoring opportunities.

McCarthy and Gerrbrand have the makings of an excellent partnership, one that can be at the heart of Leicester's defence for many years to come, bear in mind as well that both players are still quite young, it bodes well for the future. Maybury looked more solid, I think that the time out of the team has helped him and given him a kick up the arse.

Yesterday's performance IMO was a decent team display, we defended very well as unit and looked very solid, we just lacked a little creativity and spark, until Smith came on, neither Sylla nor Hamill really shone and both lacked that cutting edge, CL however was right IMO to persist with these 2 as they had done well in previous games, although if Smith had played from the start IMO we would have won the game.

I would like to see us adopt the system used at Cardiff, it would allow us to still have 2 combative midfielders, whilst also being able to select either Williams or Hughes to provide that quality on the ball and vision, that was lacking yesterday. It would then allow Hume and Smith to play off De Vries, IMO this would allow Hume to get out wide pick up the ball and be able to really run at defenders, I think playing right down the middle isnt allowing Humey to get hold of the ball in space, because people are aware of his tricks, they are making it tight and we arent benefitting from his effectiveness, if he and Smith can play with attacking freedom and can get on the ball in decent areas of the pitch, with their pace and ability, we could really carve teams open.

Babylon said:
Nobody moan.... i've already sacked off the other forum as they are all moaning sods.

COME ON CITY!!

I've just had a look at 'The other Forum' haven't bothered for a while.Words fail me.......I know its about opinions etc but someone suggested playing with a front 3 of Smith-Chambers-Hammond against Plymouth:icon_conf .They also said we aren't ''scoring enough goals''...so we drop our Top Goalscorer:confused:.I'm all for Opinions but a lot of it on there is absolute horse shit.

Totally agree Highland, I could not believe what I was reading, some of the dogs abuse Levein was being dished out on that forum is a disgrace. 0 - 0 away at a team that reached the play off final last season is no disgrace, granted that we didnt play great going forward but the defensive performance was superb, but still Levein is slated, what chance has he got, if we had gone out with a gung-ho attitude lost 4-1 and the players confidence had been ripped to shreds, he would have been chastised for being tactically inept and people questioning why he didnt play a more defensive approach away from home.

What p155e5 me off the most was it wasnt like we just stuck 10 men behind the ball and defended for our lives, it just didnt happen for us in the final 3rd of the pitch, but perhaps the posters on the other forum will only be happy if we are winning 5 - 0 every week. I mean we are Leicester for fecks sake we won the league cup twice and we were in Europe and top of the premiership 5 years ago. Some of our fans dwell on the past more than our friends down the road. Anybody who has supported Leicester pre MON realise that we have no divine right to be in the top flight or to be steamrolling past all the "small shite clubs" in this 2nd rate division. Dillusions of grandeur. Does my fecking head in.

Last edited:
Granite Fox said:
MdV now suspended with his fifth booking.

Five?

1. Stoke (h)
2. Derby (a)
3. Watford (a)
4. Preston (a)

When was the other one?

Leigh said:

Cheers. As soon as he was booked I said, "That's him banned" - but the Soccerbase website is only showing 4 bookings. I remember the QPR booking now you say it - ot was right near the end of the game.

Odd thing is that the FA disciplinary pages have got him down either - neither the suspended page nor the pending page.

:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670