Match Thread Preston v Leicester (friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on Vardy's injury? Didn't listen after half time

Listening to Radio Leics... Not his biggest fan but missing Alan Young. Stringer is his usual self. But Ger-ry Ger-ry..... Wheres the passion and personality. Sounding a bit like a BBC newsreader but with a stronger accent.

Thought I might be the only one. Perhaps it's the lack of excitement in the games so far but their commentaries are a good cure for sleeplessness.

GT may have more football knowledge but I want to be entertained, not bored senseless.

Thought I might be the only one. Perhaps it's the lack of excitement in the games so far but their commentaries are a good cure for sleeplessness.

GT may have more football knowledge but I want to be entertained, not bored senseless.

You'd rather have someone talking absolute bollocks then? I'll take football knowledge over someone rambling on about a teddy bear.

You'd rather have someone talking absolute bollocks then? I'll take football knowledge over someone rambling on about a teddy bear.
Bollocks with pashun. The way forward for mankind

just back from the game - poor spectacle, we never hit the pace or fluid team play you would expect from a prem team PNE understandably were more eager and "up"for the match. Difficult to rate players individually in a drab contest. Defence looked solid enough Drinky/James tidy Illoa dissappointing. Kennedy looked promising Wood energetic, Albrighton eager to cross the ball, if i had to choose a MOTM it would be Mahrez or Liam, a game best forgotten

just back from the game - poor spectacle, we never hit the pace or fluid team play you would expect from a prem team PNE understandably were more eager and "up"for the match. Difficult to rate players individually in a drab contest. Defence looked solid enough Drinky/James tidy Illoa dissappointing. Kennedy looked promising Wood energetic, Albrighton eager to cross the ball, if i had to choose a MOTM it would be Mahrez or Liam, a game best forgotten
Thanks for your match report, dpj! I think I understood most of it, but it would be appreciated if you could put in some more commas and capital letters. But please not randomly ;-). Don't take this as negative critisism because I appreciate your posts. It's just that I would appreciate them even more if I didn't have to decode them ;-)

Back to the game: Could you tell us a bit more about how Ulloa did? How was his first touch? Did he win many headers? Did he have any chances he missed? How did he link up with the others?

Last edited:
Back to the game: Could you tell us a bit more about how Ulloa did? How was his first touch? Did he win many headers? Did he have any chances he missed? How did he link up with the others?

I think what Blaarev means is; 'Does he have a good touch for a big man?'

Illoua rarely got involved, didnt have much opportunity to link with Vardy, admittedly didnt get the service, both at his feet or in the air, im not going to be too critical based on this viewing because the club obviously see something in him and to be fair has yet to play 90 minutes in a "first choice team" Wood on the other hand was far more energetic and eager to impress and had goalscoring chances

Who's Illoua? Must have missed the announcement of his signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669