Printing Photos on Canvas

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

I want to print a few of my photos on canvas to hang around the house, has anyone done this and do you use a particular website?

There are quite a few around but would rather use one that others have used before.

Jessops also do this, but from memory they were fairly expensive - the quality however was excellent

I regularly use a website called - hilariously - Winkflash (www.winkflash.com). I can't look at it without thinking wankfish! :icon_bigg

But as for their printing of cards, prints and books, it's absolutely top notch. I've not had a canvas done so I couldn't vouch for that personally, but I have been tempted to try a couple as everything else they print has been excellent.

There's a UK version, http://www.winkflash.com/uk/. Again, not used that but the US version is good quality for decent prices and has proven utterly reliable over many years.

I imagine Snapfish would be almost identical - same concept.

Hmm, doesn't look like the UK winkflash store does anything other than prints. Doesn't say that they'll ship the canvases from the US either, as far I can see. Could be a non-starter.

But it's a general thumbs up for online printers. I've used a couple of others for business cards and stuff and they were good as well.

There are local printers who can digitally print onto canvas with a very high quality finish. These people print stuff to go into shops as advertising so the quality has to be there. I will pm you a name but it is an expensive process.
Also think about printing in reverse on to clear acrylic panels (perspex), the finished unit can be stunning, and is easily put onto a wall with stand off bolts.

My wife's school do them, they get the kids to do them at lunch etc, kind of like work release ;)

I can't vouch for the quality but they are quite a bit cheaper than the high street. I'll get prices if you want.

Just seen a place in the highcross who do it. Buy one get one free until 5th september.
I think it's called your prints on canvas

Just seen a place in the highcross who do it. Buy one get one free until 5th september.
I think it's called your prints on canvas

Did you look at the prices? They can afford to give you one free when they charge four times what they should be charging!

Did you look at the prices? They can afford to give you one free when they charge four times what they should be charging!

what prices should they be Bob?

Commercial digital printers charge up can to £30 a sq metre as a basic start cost.

what prices should they be Bob?

Commercial digital printers charge up can to £30 a sq metre as a basic start cost.

That would be cheap compared with the prices being charged in High Cross - £150 for 36"x36" with no enhancements, according to their website.

There's a place on Highcross Street that I drive past everyday. Can't remember what it is called nor have I ever used it, but it claims to be cheaper and better than other places.

Not much use am I ? :icon_lol:

edit : found their website which might help compare prices if nothing else

http://www.westend-gallery.co.uk/giclee.html

Last edited:
Thanks for your help everyone. I've used one of the websites suggested earlier on but I will keep the other options open in future.

A bit late i know but I used ASDA recently and was amazed by the quality. It was £55 for their largest canvas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669