Pubs City Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walkabout, Varsity, that one on Market Street, the nice newish bar on the road behind Market Street.

Never been in there, never seen anybody go in there. How does it survive?

Looks like a community pub for the adjoining flats.

it was there well before the flats were. I reckon it used to survive with the bus crews from Southgate Street Station

Out of all the pubs mentioned so far, I only recognise the Nags Head and the R+D ... that was a student pub even then (and I'm going back over 30 years!!!).

What was the name of the pub by the Haymarket Theatre (Upstairs, on the corner opposite what was the ABC Cinema then)?

Out of all the pubs mentioned so far, I only recognise the Nags Head and the R+D ... that was a student pub even then (and I'm going back over 30 years!!!).

What was the name of the pub by the Haymarket Theatre (Upstairs, on the corner opposite what was the ABC Cinema then)?

R & D is completely different now. It was renovated about 5-7 years ago and is a more modern bar than the pub it used to be.
As I said earlier, its not as good as it was, but still stocks lots of beer (more on tap than any other in Leicester I believe) and still looks ok.
They used to have a live singer in the garden some weekends in the summer who was ok.

Last edited:
Cheers MG. That's the one.

Used to be a regular Saturday haunt for me (along with The Fountain, The Loughborough, The Long Stop and The Corn Exchange).
Used to be my regular for a Friday night after working late :icon_redf

The Fountain? :icon_eek: Brave man!

They used to have a live singer in the garden some weekends in the summer who was ok.

Tell me about it, the bint would keep me up all fecking night and not in a good way.

Last edited:
Odyssey - bang opposite the Rutland on Millstone Lane.

Time Bar? Last Plantagenet? New Town Arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46