Puma Partnership announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was merely asking if Puma used to sponsor Derby County FC. I incorrectly assumed I would get either a yes or no answer. And you incorrectly assumed that this person had confused sponsoring and kit manufacture. :icon_wink

I wasn't answering your question, if I was I'd quote you :rolleyes:

This could be a speculate to accumulate move from the club, one I'm surprised they haven't taken before.

In recent years they've had their fingers burnt with regard to kits. Poor quality shirts (a shame, because the design isn't bad at all) this season with an excessively high number of refunds. There was also of course the Jako efforts of a couple of years ago that were poorly made and in the case of the black away shirt, drastically late at the start of the season which must have impacted negatively upon sales.

This decision though looks different. Like it or not, a Puma shirt will excite a fair part of the target audience for replica shirt wearers far more than a Burrda, Joma or Jako effort would. We may well end up with an off-the-peg design such as Cardiff's home shirt but the fact is it will be made by a manufacturer that carries a reputation for quality, a name that will undoubtedly boost sales and in all probability an aesthetically pleasing design. I'd be more than happy for example with a royal blue of Coventry's shirt, understated with a touch of the retro.

They still do. Had them after Joma funnily enough.

Their shirts are supplied by Adidas now with a mobile phone company as sponsor.

So you'd have no preference between:

I'd prefer the blue one, but only because the team's colour is royal blue. In general though, no, I wouldn't have a preference. I wouldn't wear either of them and I wouldn't really care which of them the team wears.

Last edited:
I think Rhydal was referring to the Welsh sheep shaggers. Cardiff have Puma shirts, but they're not sponsored by Puma.

I'm not interested in what Rhydal calls his team, nor in what he does in his spare time. For a Citeh fan, there is only one set of sheep shaggers.

Last edited:
I think 'Whoosh' would have sufficed.

What? From somebody who doesn't know the difference between 'supply' and 'sponsor', even when it comes to his own team's shirt?

Design, yes. Manufacturer, no. Price, absolutely.

I don't particularly care about the manufacturer either, but it's a big decision for the club. The difference between bespoke or an off-the-shelf design, coupled with whether to bring sales and/or production in house will have a large impact on the revenues, etc.

But as a fan, who cares, as long as it's blue.

Me too, i really like the old badge. The new one is just shite.

I've got the Toffs version, which doesn't have the Admiral logos on it. It looks like they've stopped making them now though.

I've got a blue one which fits and a red one which doesn't with the Admiral logo, and the red one they did in the club shop a couple of season's back - but all the dye ran and made the white bits pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669