QPR Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope we can build on the win this time. Home match against Blackpool in the Cup next weekend gives us a great oppurtunity to get consecutive home wins, which hasn't happened in a while! Hopefully by then we'll have new players in (at least Maybury and De Vries), and against slightly easier opposition it will be a good start for them.

:)

Game of two halfs really methinks...

We sounded like we had a good 1st half applying good pressure!

2nd half was dire, and we were back to shooting ourselves in the foot - defending too deep and letting them come at us. If I've learnt anything with us recently the best defence is offence!

come on. time to start rolling, rolling and rolling, rolling :)

how did 3-5-2 work? formation wasn't really mentioned too much on the radio.

SamJ

Yeah we're 15 now...12 points above Forest (17 above bottom place Rotherham), 10 points off playoffs.

SamuearlJackson said:
come on. time to start rolling, rolling and rolling, rolling :)

how did 3-5-2 work? formation wasn't really mentioned too much on the radio.

SamJ

Seemed to work well in the first half - Makin didn't sound so shit as he had extra support around him.

2nd half the formation changed around a bit, eventually reverting to 4-4-2 and we were very very ordinary by the sounds of it!

Well it's coming up to 4:30am here so I best be off to sleep, at least I can dream easier knowing we won!

Cheers lads :D

We played well (ish) for the first 30 minutes, and could have been more than one in front.

But as soon as QPR started to put some pressure on we reverted to the old ways, defending too deeply, and not being able to hold on to the ball, so we were under pressure for the rest of the match. QPR will feel unfortunate not to have come away with at least a point.

webmaster said:
QPR will feel unfortunate not to have come away with at least a point.
but they didn't and that's the beauty of football. 3 points, thank you very much super-hoops :wink:

First twenty mins were good
After that same old shit

11 players inside our own box for vast periods of the game
Conceding possession time and again
Piss poor panic defending
Taylor (and the ref) kept us in the game

But for once, we got some luck.
And that might be what we need more than anything

3 jammy points, and that'll do for me, thank you very much

I'd love to Durham but out the question unfortunately.I might go Sunderland away its as near as they get to here.I think Marky Boy might find the travelling too much in one day :wink:
As Homer said Jammy points they might have been but who gives a 'flying one' we won

Same sort of problem as on the Continent at the moment. :wink:

formation looked good for the first 15-20 minutes when we actually competed - after that we sat back and i will never quite work out how we still managed to win - but hey we needed some luck and a scrappy not hugely deserved win will perhaps give us some confidence to build on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00