Match Thread QPR v Leicester - PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Maddison’s absence be transfer related anyway? Is there a legitimate realistic interest or just the deluded Arsenal fantasy?

Evans has an ongoing foot issue and it is questionable as to whether he will start the season.

BR also said we may go into the market for another defender.

Just saw Daka's goal. Nice finish but what brilliant play for the assist! Who was that? Was that KDH?!

Evans has an ongoing foot issue and it is questionable as to whether he will start the season.

BR also said we may go into the market for another defender.

My take on what BR said is more serious. He implied that it may not be something that Evans can overcome.

The issue with his foot seems to be something that can't be operated on. He either recovers or he doesn't. I took it that there is little prospect of seeing him for some time and that we are definitely going to need another central defender of quality. The only training pictures I've seen are him on a trampoline or exercising with Justin in sand.

I've said for a while that I can't comprehend us allowing Evans to play so much. He has had injury issues his whole career and he'll be 34 soon. He surely cannot play international football anymore for a start.

I watched some of the game.

First half side: Fofana looks immense. Ricardo still lacking his edge which is worrying. Soumare has something nobody else does in midfield. He could be a real talent with his ability to regain possession and progress play by running with the ball. His passing is very good too. Vardy looks a yard short again - more like the second half of the season player than the first I'm afraid.

Second half side: Benkovic still looks massively short of confidence. He had a few opportunities to go forward in space but backed off and went back to Nelson who seemed much more comfortable. Dewsbury-Hall isn't the finished article but definitely good enough to be our number four central midfielder. Sowah doesn't seem to be settled into a role yet.

If BR told the recruitment team to find a young Vardy, they appear to have done an excellent job. Daka looks a clone in terms of pace on the shoulder, ability to get his foot in before the defender/keeper, and his finishing looks very composed. I'm very excited by him.

Awesome little cameo from Daka at the end today, he and Soumare seem to be settling in nicely. Exciting what's to come from them once they get used to playing with the squad. Plenty of positives to take from an entertaining game, plenty of shit to work on too though...

The changes at 60 mins, tell me who else came on please? Daka, Ihenacho, Thomas, KDH, Nelson, Amartey, Choudhary, Benkovic and?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757