Queen's Open Tennis final

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Anybody watch that? David Nalbandian giving the other chap a spanking then misses a shot and throws a hissy fit, kicking a line judge in the shins. Drew blood and now he's lost by disqualification for unsporting conduct. :icon_lol:

Anybody watch that? David Nalbandian giving the other chap a spanking then misses a shot and throws a hissy fit, kicking a line judge in the shins. Drew blood and now he's lost by disqualification for unsporting conduct. :icon_lol:

I'm not sure whose behaviour was worse; his or that of the crowd who booed the disqualification and then cheered him when he criticised the decision in an interview afterwards.

Yeah, I hope he gets a big fine to boot. Real bad behaviour, it may have been an accident but he didn't seem very sincere with his apology after the match and he seemed more concerned about the inconsistency of the application of rules than the man he had just injured.

His apology couldn't have sounded much less sincere.

If they'd made the boards properly it wouldn't have been an issue...

If they'd made the boards properly it wouldn't have been an issue...

The boards need to be collapsible to mitigate the chance of injury to anybody colliding with them accidentally. The only relevant issue is the player's behaviour.

The boards need to be collapsible to mitigate the chance of injury to anybody colliding with them accidentally. The only relevant issue is the player's behaviour.

It was clearly an idiotic thing to do, but I think that a more pragmatic solution might have been some sort of game/set penalty and a massive fine to boot. I can see why they did what they did, but no-one benefits and there could have been other disciplinary procedures instead.

Only because of the nature of the sport; I'd have been pissed off if I'd have gone to watch.

Only because of the nature of the sport; I'd have been pissed off if I'd have gone to watch.

So would I, however there is only one Idiot to blame for that.

Fair point.

Still think the default was an over-reaction.

The default was in accordance with the rules. There was no other option available to the officials.

The default was in accordance with the rules. There was no other option available to the officials.

I'm not saying there was. I think the rules are too severe.

IMO, this is similar to the Henman instance where he hit a ball in frustration and it hit a ball-girl. It just feels excessive.

I'm not sure whose behaviour was worse; his or that of the crowd who booed the disqualification and then cheered him when he criticised the decision in an interview afterwards.
I think the crowd you get at Queen's are there more as a change from filling the Wine Bars of Parsons Green than to actually appreciate any sort of sport. Tossers the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363