Question about birth certificates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Ok chaps, is there any difference between an A4 birth certificate and an A5 certificate? I am currently applying for a new job and I have to attend a selection day this week, but I've been told one of the documents I need to bring is an A4 birth certificate or passport. I don't have a passport, so it will have to be the birth certificate, though the birth certificate I was given is a 'short copy' and I'm assuming mine is actually an A5 one, as it's closer to A5 size than A4 =/

Or is it not actually the size of the certificate but the format it is in that this refers to? i.e. I've read older certificates were in landscape and not in portrait format.

I also wanted to know if I needed to order a long copy of my certificate from the Leicester Register Office, would I have to wait for it to be sent out to me or would I just be able to nip in to the office and pick one up there and then? I have been told they cost about £10-15??

If anyone could help me with this it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Ok chaps, is there any difference between an A4 birth certificate and an A5 certificate? I am currently applying for a new job and I have to attend a selection day this week, but I've been told one of the documents I need to bring is an A4 birth certificate or passport. I don't have a passport, so it will have to be the birth certificate, though the birth certificate I was given is a 'short copy' and I'm assuming mine is actually an A5 one, as it's closer to A5 size than A4 =/

Or is it not actually the size of the certificate but the format it is in that this refers to? i.e. I've read older certificates were in landscape and not in portrait format.

I also wanted to know if I needed to order a long copy of my certificate from the Leicester Register Office, would I have to wait for it to be sent out to me or would I just be able to nip in to the office and pick one up there and then? I have been told they cost about £10-15??

Cheers!

the A5 one has less info onit the A4 has more

and yes just pop down and they will do you a copy ,sometimes have to go back next day

i had the same situation. big one is £7. this is if your born in leicester anyway, i don't know what they charge if your born in leicestershire.

my certificate says "Leicestershire Central" as the registration district.

If I need to get another copy I will have to pick it up on Wednesday but I won't really have time to go back and pick one up because my recruitment day is on Thursday early morning...!

Also, a bit off topic, does anyone know if there are any buses from st margarets station to aylestone road?

my certificate says "Leicestershire Central" as the registration district.

If I need to get another copy I will have to pick it up on Wednesday but I won't really have time to go back and pick one up because my recruitment day is on Thursday early morning...!

Also, a bit off topic, does anyone know if there are any buses from st margarets station to aylestone road?

just tell them that and they mite be able to help mate

not got a clue about the bus sorry

Ok feelas cheers for your help, if the worst comes to the worst I will just have to cancel the attendance for thursday and book in for whenever their next selection day is. I also just found out I need to supply a minimum of 2 references, but I've only ever had the one job and I've been there for 5-6 years so I don't know how I'm going to get around that one.. =/

Ok feelas cheers for your help, if the worst comes to the worst I will just have to cancel the attendance for thursday and book in for whenever their next selection day is. I also just found out I need to supply a minimum of 2 references, but I've only ever had the one job and I've been there for 5-6 years so I don't know how I'm going to get around that one.. =/

try the school you went too ,ask them for a ref

Cheers!

I've always known the certificates as long and short, rather than as A4 and A5. Basically the long certificate contains more information than does the short certificate. The cost difference between them used to be significantly different but I think it is now less than £2 - so it's not worth getting the shiort one anyway - it is of limited use.

You have to get certificates either from the Central Register Office in London or from the local office (local to the event (birth)). Presuming that you were born in or around Leicester, look here for details of how to apply for a certificate - also includes apllication forms which can be printed out and contact details.

HTH

You can't get it 'same day' anymore.

When I couldn't find my passport 2 weeks before I was due to go to Belfast(you need photo ID and that's all I have)On the Friday I thought it would be a doddle to go down to the registry office and pick up a new one......HA!

Igonring the fact that any birth information given into the Hinckley REgistry Office is now kept at Nuneaton's registry office(why I don't know!) When I went in to the registry office I was informed I would have to make an appointment to apply for a new birth certificate, you couldn't just walk in on the day and ask for one. And then it would take at least two days to process the copy which they would mail out to you, or you could arrange a time to go in and collect it.

Thankfully I found my passport the Sunday after me turning home upside down(Ben found ity, it had fallen down the back of the computer desk and was lodged in between the shelf bit.) But then I found my passport had actually expired this year, not next year as I originally thought.
So then I had to phone up the Passport Office people where I had to make an appointment for the next day in Peterborough to get a new one.

Me thinking it would all be done in one day had booked the Monday off assuming I'd get my birth certificate on the Friday, and then I could just walk in and get a new passport......Duh.

Because I wanted my passport the same day-I could've had it done in a 5 day period but I didn't want to risk Belfast or Rotterdam and tbh I wanted to know I had the bloody thing) it cost me £105 to renew it. The renewal amoount plus the fee for same day.

IF I had made my appointment for after that following Wednesday then my renewal fee would've been £85 plus the charges....

Nightmare......

You can't get it 'same day' anymore.

When I couldn't find my passport 2 weeks before I was due to go to Belfast(you need photo ID and that's all I have)On the Friday I thought it would be a doddle to go down to the registry office and pick up a new one......HA!

Igonring the fact that any birth information given into the Hinckley REgistry Office is now kept at Nuneaton's registry office(why I don't know!) When I went in to the registry office I was informed I would have to make an appointment to apply for a new birth certificate, you couldn't just walk in on the day and ask for one. And then it would take at least two days to process the copy which they would mail out to you, or you could arrange a time to go in and collect it.

Thankfully I found my passport the Sunday after me turning home upside down(Ben found ity, it had fallen down the back of the computer desk and was lodged in between the shelf bit.) But then I found my passport had actually expired this year, not next year as I originally thought.
So then I had to phone up the Passport Office people where I had to make an appointment for the next day in Peterborough to get a new one.

Me thinking it would all be done in one day had booked the Monday off assuming I'd get my birth certificate on the Friday, and then I could just walk in and get a new passport......Duh.

Because I wanted my passport the same day-I could've had it done in a 5 day period but I didn't want to risk Belfast or Rotterdam and tbh I wanted to know I had the bloody thing) it cost me £105 to renew it. The renewal amoount plus the fee for same day.

IF I had made my appointment for after that following Wednesday then my renewal fee would've been £85 plus the charges....

Nightmare......

he dont want a passport :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Take one job and one charatcer reference from an unrelated professional person who has known you for more than 2 years.

Take one job and one charatcer reference from an unrelated professional person who has known you for more than 2 years.

the only problems there is they say they can't accept a personal or character reference.

They want..

"Candidates must provide details for a minimum of two (2) referees covering the following:
-Most recent employer(s) covering a minimum period of 6 months
-A second employer(s) reference
We cannot accept a personal or character reference...."

as I say I have only ever had the one job, and I have been in it for about 6 years now (started part time, about 4 years full time).

I need to give them a call tomorrow and iron a few things out really..

Although if I can't nip in and pick up a birth certificate 'on the spot' then thats going to be no good to me anyway so it looks like I will have to arrange to go to their next get-together =/

the only problems there is they say they can't accept a personal or character reference.

They want..

"Candidates must provide details for a minimum of two (2) referees covering the following:

as I say I have only ever had the one job, and I have been in it for about 6 years now (started part time, about 4 years full time).

Although if I can't nip in and pick up a birth certificate 'on the spot' then thats going to be no good to me anyway so it looks like I will have to arrange to go to their next get-together =/

Is this job worth it?:icon_conf:icon_bigg

They want..

I'd ask them about the reference thing anyhoo, especially if you've only had one job and they want 2 job references! That seems a bit silly to me if you've got no other options.

my point exactly.. I was thinking that a reference from two different people within my current job might be okay..?

The birth certificate thing is a pain in the arse, I don't see why they can't just accept the short version, I can't help that that's the one the nurse gave us when I materialised... lol

I'm going to have a busy day on Wednesday that's for sure =/

my point exactly.. I was thinking that a reference from two different people within my current job might be okay..?

The birth certificate thing is a pain in the arse, I don't see why they can't just accept the short version, I can't help that that's the one the nurse gave us when I materialised... lol

I'm going to have a busy day on Wednesday that's for sure =/

Good luck ,let us know who you get on :023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472