Rab Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal Machine Connolly said:
Does anyone think that Walker's replacement will be Celtic's Rab Douglas?

Sorry Highland but please no. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

In that newspaper interview he did (Dail Mail?) CL said he wanted to sign a big, experienced golakeeper. When Taylor was here he often spoke of his experience, having played for the Arse in europe etc and his physical size is unquestionable. Taylor has said publicly he will leave Highbury if first team football isn't offered by the end of the season, that hasn't happened. So does 1+1+1 =3?

DurhamFox said:
In that newspaper interview he did (Dail Mail?) CL said he wanted to sign a big, experienced golakeeper. When Taylor was here he often spoke of his experience, having played for the Arse in europe etc and his physical size is unquestionable. Taylor has said publicly he will leave Highbury if first team football isn't offered by the end of the season, that hasn't happened. So does 1+1+1 =3?

Seemed to have posted this several times now across message boards.

As a Premiership reserve we believe Taylor is on over £10k a week & therefore unless willing to take a significant drop, is out of our price range.

I would imagine he would be willing to take a cut to kick start his career - he has been going nowehre for years now. Surely there is only so lomg getting paid £10k a week for doinf feck all is appealing. Actually scrap that - we have got no chance :-D

DF, I think you could be right, taylor is out of favour and is just festering away and the longer it continues the harder it will be for him to come back and join a decent team, so it would be to Taylors long term advantage to join us, especially if he thinks we can get back into the premier.

Arse aint intereasted in playing him so would be to their advantage to let him go and save some money. Of course Taylor may not be willing to leave for less money but if CL was to pay him 5k/ week. Arse could compensate taylor with the difference for the term of his arse contract or untill we get promoted. at which time city could then increase his wages accordingly.

This would save arse 5k/ week.
Guarentee Taylors wages stayed the same
Re-start Taylors career
Give us a good goal keeper.
and most importantly everyone gains something.

step said:
DF, I think you could be right, taylor is out of favour and is just festering away and the longer it continues the harder it will be for him to come back and join a decent team, so it would be to Taylors long term advantage to join us, especially if he thinks we can get back into the premier.

Arse aint intereasted in playing him so would be to their advantage to let him go and save some money. Of course Taylor may not be willing to leave for less money but if CL was to pay him 5k/ week. Arse could compensate taylor with the difference for the term of his arse contract or untill we get promoted. at which time city could then increase his wages accordingly.

This would save arse 5k/ week.
Guarentee Taylors wages stayed the same
Re-start Taylors career
Give us a good goal keeper.
and most importantly everyone gains something.

Taylor may not may think well if city dont get

This is too logical and too sensible bound not to happen then. :roll: :roll: :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

There are a number of keepers who I believe would be good enough to fill the now vacant position for next season any of these would suffice IMO :

Stuart Taylor - Would be an excellent signing and I am sure he would jump at the chance to ressurrect his career at a side capable of offering him a route back to the premiership in the next couple of seasons.

Rab Douglas - Has played at international level and also appeared in big european nights would be a decent signing especially at the championship level.

Mike Pollitt - Excellent keeper at this level.

Shaka Hislop - Superb keeper and proven at premiership level, would think he would jump at the chance of first team football.

Craig Gordan - highly rated young keeper in Scotland and one of Levein's old boys and with Hearts in some form of turmoil he may find the lure of English football and the chance to rejoin his old boss to hard to turn down, only stumbling block could be the fee.

we_8_cov said:
get taylor CL hes a LEGEND!!!!!!

Maybe he's not quite a legend yet. :D ;-) He did look good when he was here and his kicking even improved. Step has outlined a plan earlier in this thread. I would love him to come here but I just get the sense it isn't going to happen. :? :? :? :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
we_8_cov said:
get taylor CL hes a LEGEND!!!!!!

Maybe he's not quite a legend yet. :D ;-) He did look good when he was here and his kicking even improved. Step has outlined a plan earlier in this thread. I would love him to come here but I just get the sense it isn't going to happen. :? :? :? :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

I don't think we will get Stuart Taylor. Everytime there's been rumours about players linked to us that clearly are not true, CL always would just say "that's news to me" or "that's a load of bollocks", where as with Douglas, he has always refuesd to comment rather than say no. I think he is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4575
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566