radio dribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Just listened to MA on local radio : The reporter completly pussy footed around the questions that us fans would love to throw at MA. After another huge disapointment , micky did not explain why once again we failed to hold a lead,he made no reference to why the game fizzled out in the 2nd half. The only info he could muster, and wait for it(more bad news)tricky Trev's done the hamstring and will probaly miss the next few games. MA sounded like a wet weekend.Completly unispiring.No wonder the players fail to carry out his tasks they probaly all nod of during team talks. For gods sake micky DO SOMETHING .Grab the players by the throat at half time when its going pear shaped and throw a few tea cups around.Lift the fans, give us something to shout about .Whatever it takes DO SOMETHING.Anyway my rant is nearly over, and i'd just like to say thanks once again MA for ruining my saturday night. The only advice i can give you MA is DO SOMETHING.COZ IT AINT WORKING.

Brauny Blue said:
Just listened to MA on local radio : The reporter completly pussy footed around the questions that us fans would love to throw at MA. After another huge disapointment , micky did not explain why once again we failed to hold a lead,he made no reference to why the game fizzled out in the 2nd half. The only info he could muster, and wait for it(more bad news)tricky Trev's done the hamstring and will probaly miss the next few games. MA sounded like a wet weekend.Completly unispiring.No wonder the players fail to carry out his tasks they probaly all nod of during team talks. For gods sake micky DO SOMETHING .Grab the players by the throat at half time when its going pear shaped and throw a few tea cups around.Lift the fans, give us something to shout about .Whatever it takes DO SOMETHING.Anyway my rant is nearly over, and i'd just like to say thanks once again MA for ruining my saturday night. The only advice i can give you MA is DO SOMETHING.COZ IT AINT WORKING.

Quite agree. He had as much animation as a corpse.
He might have been discussing the proposed dates for future meetings of the Womens Institute.

I actually believe John Sinclair has been a vast improvement at Radio Leicester but why his he or the station so bloody afraid of confronting Micky Adams (or anyone else at City).

It is tricky being a resident football journalist because you're the "guest" of the club you're reporting on and enjoy certain privileges and considerations...(at an unspoken price).

Fact is though that the club have responsibilities to the fans and to the City as well. I don't know but I do suspect that Sinclair does have the bottle to ask the hard questions. I suspect it's the moderating insistence of his bosses that quietens his tongue.

What a day it'll be when we get local media organisations that tell it as it is (not just with football either) and a club that feels guilty enough when they are underperforming to face the flak with honesty and candour. Dream on Tone. Land of free speech? You have got to be bloody joking.

Not sure if it was the same interview, but here's MA's quotes on bbc.co.uk

"Leicester boss Micky Adams defended his record after fans called for his head:
"Since I took over the job here I've brought £8.5m into this club in terms of transfer revenue.

"I've reduced the wage bill by 60%, I've got the club promoted to the Premier League, I've helped the club survive administration and I've had to change the squad three times in the last three seasons.

"They're the facts. The fans at all football clubs are entitled to their opinions and the fans at this football club have voiced their feelings about me.

"If the fans don't like what I'm doing then they know how to get rid of me - by keeping on doing what they're doing.

"What happened today was that we were undone by a freak goal and we've ended up drawing a game of football we should've won 1-0.

"And that's exactly what it was, a freak, because there aren't that many people who see goals like that in their careers."

So he does seem pretty tuned in to how p*ssed of a section of the fans are ... I am NOT saying I agree with what he was saying, I just think it was interesting that he is at least aware that he's getting a lot of flak and it almost sounds like at some point that alone would make him walk ... ' they know how to get rid of me - by keeping on doing what they're doing"

Ive only been to the first few matches this season as not a season ticket this time round but what i have noticed is if something isnt going right on the pitch then all MA does is stand within the limited area with his arms crossed and shaking his head. Want i want the manager of my football club to be doing is shouting at his players, getting upset, annoyed, running up down that particular area. Not standing like a dummy not knowing what to do to put things right.

I have respect for the guy and would love it if he got us promotion but i just want someone on the touchline as say the 12th man and showing a bit of emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566