Radio Leicester Commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T Masala

I don't get to many away games because of family commitments etc. I do see nearly every home game. When we are away I listen to the commentary in Radio Leicester. Is it me or is v crap? I can't remember the totally forgettable pleb who does it now, but he imo he is awful? By all reports it was a bit drab on Saturday at Preston, but this guy was giving it the 'boring boring' treatment all afternoon. It might well be old chap but isnt your job to entertain the fecking listener, you can make it sound half decent if you try? The Five Live guys seem to have got it about right, its pretty interesting stuff no matter what the score/performances?

Perhaps I expect too much, and if everyone else thinks he's great I'll go and have a chunter to meself in the corner.:frown:

Last edited:
i thought the new commentary team was better than the days of boring nev and sinclair. atleast the new bloke actually says it how it is, if someones playing crap he says he is.

i havent heard the commentary that much this season, but cant imagine it has improved too much from last season. as for skys championship coverage, bloody hell. just heard that we have only won once away from home this year, hmm! and that joey gudjonsson was close to changing that with a shot that was clearly from ian hume.

There's only one solution, bring back the dream team:
Neville Foulger and Matt Jones.

I heard the Crewe commentary and didnt think it was too bad, they were quite funny in a way...

I left my office the other night when we were playing Cardiff, I put RL on to listen to the match. Took 15 mins to drive home, and they never mentioned once in that time we were already 1-0 up!!!!! They were just blurting on and on about nothing really. Complete tossers

they were the same for the Crewe game - I was driving back from Leeds and I was at the Leicestershire boarder before they mentioned the score

Awful,awful commentary but I have no choice.Not too bad if Mauchlen or Rowett are co commentating but otherwise far too much time is spent on 'waffle' and John Barber's love affair with Dion Dublin..

highland fox said:
Awful,awful commentary but I have no choice.Not too bad if Mauchlen or Rowett are co commentating but otherwise far too much time is spent on 'waffle' and John Barber's love affair with Dion Dublin..

He's got very dodgy Scottish musical tastes too...

Music is never off in Jon's house... He mostly plays Deacon Blue, Stereophonics and the Scottish group Runrig.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
you do have another option h move back to gods county :icon_lol:

That will never happen YV,if I move it will be further North..

Ox Fox said:
He's got very dodgy Scottish musical tastes too...

''Music is never off in Jon's house''...yeah and I bet he listens to it while staring longingly at his pictures of Dion.
Sell a lot of Runrig in my place,wonder if Jon's been in for any......

Yorkshire Vixen said:
looks like you are stuck with radio leicester then chuck :102:

I've got World I might try choosing the other teams commentary,if you can.

highland fox said:
I've got World I might try choosing the other teams commentary,if you can.

you can, if you are planning on listening to plymouth's commentry tonight, bear in mind they do not like paddy mc

he was trying to break legs left right and centre......i typed that then realised, heh heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669