Random News Article Thread

The fact that they believed it was for personal consumption only

Why wouldn't it be for personal use? I know somebody that grows similar amounts for just their own use and if there is no evidence that they were supplying anybody, how could they be found guilty?

the fact they were growing it around children

Why shouldn't they grow it around children? It's just a plant.
Children should be brought up with respect and knowledge of all drugs. I don't hide anything from my daughter and she's far less likely to experiment with drugs than I was at her age because of it.

the fact they apparently grew it for a god.

Again, I know of a few others that do exactly that, one of whom that does it for the exact same god. Slightly delusional, but I wouldn't judge them for it and it's certainly no more delusional than any other religious beliefs.

Presumably you'd prefer that the had judge pointlessly locked them both up, costing the state many, many thousands of pounds and splitting up a family and having their children placed in care right before Christmas for the sake of a few harmless plants?

Why wouldn't it be for personal use? I know somebody that grows similar amounts for just their own use and if there is no evidence that they were supplying anybody, how could they be found guilty?

Why shouldn't they grow it around children? It's just a plant.
Children should be brought up with respect and knowledge of all drugs. I don't hide anything from my daughter and she's far less likely to experiment with drugs than I was at her age because of it.

Again, I know of a few others that do exactly that, one of whom that does it for the exact same god. Slightly delusional, but I wouldn't judge them for it and it's certainly no more delusional than any other religious beliefs.

Presumably you'd prefer that the had judge pointlessly locked them both up, costing the state many, many thousands of pounds and splitting up a family and having their children placed in care right before Christmas for the sake of a few harmless plants?

I don't think they should be locked up at all, I just think the whole thing is ridiculous. I understand that cannabis is something that you feel passionately about and hold strong views on, I just don't happen to agree on some things.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00