Random News Article Thread

2816979343-poster-naked-virgin-mary-sparks-unholy-row.jpg

More info on the story on this New Zealand site and at the church's site.

As always, the most fun is in the comments.

If true this is absolutely shocking - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8417317.stm - I didn't even know about sex at 10, and definately had no desire to do anything like this, I honestly can't imagine at what point the boys found out about and became interested in violent sex.

The legal definition of rape is not the same as it was. It is possible that what is alleged to have happened would fall far short of what is usually understood to be rape.

None of this should be read as suggesting that I would condone any kind of assault.

The legal definition of rape is not the same as it was. It is possible that what is alleged to have happened would fall far short of what is usually understood to be rape.

None of this should be read as suggesting that I would condone any kind of assault.

I actually found myself feeling sorry for the boys in a way. Not at the detriment of the girl and her family, who have my full sympathies, but something must have gone wrong somewhere in the system, be it parents, school or wherever that has turned normal 10 year olds into children who are actively seeking to explore sexual activity and to disregard another person in such a way. It may be wrong of me to sympathise in that way I guess.

yep...but don't blame 'the system, school or wherever'.
10 years old, it'll be the parents then.

Why can't parents be blamed for kids being out of order any more?
Probably against their human rights.
Let's blame every other fecker instead, apart from those who are actually to blame.

let's blame social services, bankers or simon fecking cowell

yep...but don't blame 'the system, school or wherever'.
10 years old, it'll be the parents then.

Why can't parents be blamed for kids being out of order any more?
Probably against their human rights.
Let's blame every other fecker instead, apart from those who are actually to blame.

let's blame social services, bankers or simon fecking cowell

:038:

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69