Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen it on TV.

The Rangers fans should be arrested, charged as with any crime. On top of that they should be banned from football grounds for life. I'd also ban Rangers from football (in the SPL as well as europe) for a year.

Needs stamping out before it spirals out of control.

Just seen it on TV.

The Rangers fans should be arrested, charged as with any crime. On top of that they should be banned from football grounds for life. I'd also ban Rangers from football (in the SPL as well as europe) for a year.
Needs stamping out before it spirals out of control.

Why ?

I'd also ban Rangers from football (in the SPL as well as europe) for a year.

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Football violence is a tribal thing.

In this case the tribe is indivisibly linked to Rangers. A move like this with a high profile club will send a message.

The police shouldn't be expected to solve this, in fact they can't. They shouldn't waste the required resources needed to police games like this, resources that could be better used elsewhere for society's benefit.

The clubs, the governing bodies , the supporters etc... must get involved to stamp this problem out and a ban wouldn't certianly galvanise people.

Look at that incident at Stoke. Nothing has happened, the idiots will be back next season and maybe then someone will get hurt - or the young thugs watching the big boys will escalate this type of trouble. If the supporters/stewards/ club/ authorities had done something there and then - pulled the ring leaders out arrested/fined/banned then the possibility/probability of it happening again next season would have been reduced.

:icon_bigg

Football violence is a tribal thing.

In this case the tribe is indivisibly linked to Rangers. A move like this with a high profile club will send a message.

The police shouldn't be expected to solve this, in fact they can't. They shouldn't waste the required resources needed to police games like this, resources that could be better used elsewhere for society's benefit.

The clubs, the governing bodies , the supporters etc... must get involved to stamp this problem out and a ban wouldn't certianly galvanise people.

Look at that incident at Stoke. Nothing has happened, the idiots will be back next season and maybe then someone will get hurt - or the young thugs watching the big boys will escalate this type of trouble. If the supporters/stewards/ club/ authorities had done something there and then - pulled the ring leaders out arrested/fined/banned then the possibility/probability of it happening again next season would have been reduced.

But the people who caused the violence might not even be Rangers fans:102: If it happened in the Ground then I might see your point.

There is some very selective releasing of CCTV images by the Manchester Police. :icon_roll

There is some very selective releasing of CCTV images by the Manchester Police. :icon_roll

I'm hoping to speak to two pople who went tonight so I might find out the truth,they won't bullshit me or dress it up

Well what do you want them to show - the grass growing in the municipal gardens? Absolutely disgraceful behavior which has quite rightly been condemmed by the Rangers supporters' club, who let's remember were there.

Well what do you want them to show - the grass growing in the municipal gardens? Absolutely disgraceful behavior which has quite rightly been condemmed by the Rangers supporters' club, who let's remember were there.

I agree totally but I'd hazard a guess that these people aren't Rangers fans and just went down there to get pissed and fight

I agree totally but I'd hazard a guess that these people aren't Rangers fans and just went down there to get pissed and fight

Plenty of people in Rangers shirts in that footage - perhaps that was part of their devious plan to commit random acts of violence and blame it all on the fans

Possibly, but I agree that they appeared hell bent on having a dust up with the police.

Like I mentioned I might find out more tonight from 2 who were there,one was a Partick Thistle fan ,but you can't hold that against him, so he has no axe to grind

Plenty of people in Rangers shirts in that footage - perhaps that was part of their devious plan to commit random acts of violence and blame it all on the fans

Like I said I'm not making excuses but I saw arseholes in LCFC shirts at Kilmarnock harrassing a female steward,every Club has them unfortunately

The full story and not a set of images designed to bolster their own position.

All we need now is the Chief Constable to say that as some were wearing bulky jackets it clearly meant they were vicious thugs. :icon_roll

All we need now is the Chief Constable to say that as some were wearing bulky jackets it clearly meant they were vicious thugs. :icon_roll

Didn't you see the blue clad supporters kicking the shit out of the policeman on the floor?

Didn't you read about the Russian fan stabbed? - that could have been one of the supporters on here traveeling to see Leicester play.

How can you condone such behaviour?

It doesn't matter if they weren't ALL Rangers fans. Without Rangers playing it wouldn't have happened. We'll never solve the problem if we keep taking weak, liberal stances, with hooligans, thugs and killers.

The full story and not a set of images designed to bolster their own position.

Not tarring Rangers fans with the same brush Steven, but it seems strange for you to be defending some of the most right-wing bigoted fans going. Ah well, it's a strange world we live in I suppose.

I agree. Some of the actions of certain Rangers fans was sickening and they should be banged up, but I know a couple of lads that we were there and say that this isn't the full story at all. They were in a group viciously attacked by police when they were simply singing in the street. Not being violent, throwing missiles etc. They said they've spoken to quite a lot of other fans who had a similar experience and the general feeling is that the plod couldn't cope with the Rangers fans geniunely up for a fight so took there frustrations of the more docile groups just having a sing-song or whatnot.

bollox

Every rabid fan running after those coppers should be arrested and prosecuted and never allowed to attend a football match again. The excuse of the screen failing is pathetic too.

Oh my tele's stopped working better going and kick a copper in.

The videos on the BBC sum up what the rest of the world think about English football and their supporters (I know they're Scots but don't matter) Unless it wants to return to the bad old days. Action needs to be taken, the youth in Britian has lost respect for humanity and the law. It was a sad and sickening sight.

the plod couldn't cope with the Rangers fans geniunely up for a fight.

That is a shameful phrase that clearly sums up your bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669