Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Plod couldn't keep up with the crowds full stop. The Rangers bridage was the size of 30% of Manchester's population.

These scenes will continue regardless of venue (remember Stuttgart 06?) as along as Britain continues the drinking attitude it currently possesses.

These two sides to every story and the coppers love a tear-up as the next man. For starters, it makes them look like they are doing their job.

Last edited:
That is a shameful phrase that clearly sums up your bias.

How is it a shameful phrase?! I'm saying that there were some Rangers there who wanted to fight the police but the coppers were too thin on the ground to deal with them properly (as shown in the videos). The police also used disproportionate and unecessary force on fans who were behaving in a peaceful manner, possibly because their colleagues were taking a kicking up the road and they wanted to 'get their own back.'

That's the feelings of people I know that were there and one of them was driving home the same night so didn't have a drink, so I think a pretty good judge on things.

Do you know anyone that was there that has told you any different?! No? Then shut it

Haha alright geez. So you're not gunna explain why that was 'a shameful phrase'?! Can't back up all these ridiculous comments you're slinging around?! Fair enough. Didn't think so.

Feck off back to Scotland you sore losers.

Rangers Officials are saying that they have received information that a large proportion of those associated with the violence last night are not supporters/followers of Rangers

Rangers Officials are saying that they have received information that a large proportion of those associated with the violence last night are not supporters/followers of Rangers

They certainly *followed* them to Manchester.

He is probably right too H as Rangers attract a lot of "support" from exreme right organisations such as the BNP. There was nearer 200,000 and the publicans of manchester will having nice holidays from yesterdays takings. Shocking scenes of the copper going down and the boot going in.
In contrast fair play to the rangers fan who laid a wreath for Tommy Burns whilst being applauded by celtic mourners. I think it brought a small amount of dignity to the proceedings.

Haha alright geez. So you're not gunna explain why that was 'a shameful phrase'?! Can't back up all these ridiculous comments you're slinging around?! Fair enough. Didn't think so.

The term "genuinly up for a fight" makes you sound like a twat.

Was Jobber one of these trustworth guys by any chance?

The term "genuinly up for a fight" makes you sound like a twat.

Was Jobber one of these trustworth guys by any chance?

What are you talking about geez?! I was just distinguishing between the people actually causing trouble with the police and the innocent bystanders getting a baton to the head just for wearing a Rangers shirt.

Some of you have actually gotta be on a wind up. Throwing insults at me for trying to balance out the 'ban them from the SPL' witch hunt against Rangers football club and its entire fan base because of the actions of a minority captured on a couple of CCTV clips. How would you lot feel is some ****ing morons from Leicester gave a copper a kicking, the rest of us got smashed about by plod for doing nothing and then we all got the blame and people were calling for Leicester to be banned from the football league?! Do actually think that's fair?! Pfffffft

When you consider the number of Rangers fans in Manchester -over 100,000 it is said is it any wonder that a small minority of arseholes cause problems as 100-200 of such idiots would only be 0.1 to 0.2 % and if Leicester had a similar number of fans or probably any club for that matter in one place a similar %age I'm sure would be acting in a similar way.

I was in Manchester this afternoon and most of the Rangers fans were in a reasonable mood considering the defeat although there was a reasonable police presence particularly at Piccadilly station. The funniest bit was when I was walking towards the station and walking in the same direction on the opposite side was a Celtic fan (or a guy with a green and white hooped shirt on- I couldn't tell for sure) as he walked past a bar with a big seated area outside full of Rangers fans they gave him a $hitload of abuse and singing anti-celtic songs.

I see Manchester council have cancelled a proposed similar event next week for the Man U fans to watch the Champions League final in case of trouble. I think the real reason is that as most fans of ManU don't live in Manchester they possibly thought that not many would turn up

When you consider the number of Rangers fans in Manchester -over 100,000 it is said is it any wonder that a small minority of arseholes cause problems as 100-200 of such idiots would only be 0.1 to 0.2 % and if Leicester had a similar number of fans or probably any club for that matter in one place a similar %age I'm sure would be acting in a similar way.

I was in Manchester this afternoon and most of the Rangers fans were in a reasonable mood considering the defeat although there was a reasonable police presence particularly at Piccadilly station. The funniest bit was when I was walking towards the station and walking in the same direction on the opposite side was a Celtic fan (or a guy with a green and white hooped shirt on- I couldn't tell for sure) as he walked past a bar with a big seated area outside full of Rangers fans they gave him a $hitload of abuse and singing anti-celtic songs.

I see Manchester council have cancelled a proposed similar event next week for the Man U fans to watch the Champions League final in case of trouble. I think the real reason is that as most fans of ManU don't live in Manchester they possibly thought that not many would turn up

Apparently that's probably bollocks. Uefa made Manchester council show the Rangers game in the squares because the didn't want trouble with fans who couldn't get in anywhere to watch the game (didn't quite work out like that though...) It was never confirmed they were going to be showing the Man Utd - Chelsea game on big screens and it was widely thought it wasn't going to happen anyway because of police costs etc. A lot of United fans seem to think it's just given them an easy excuse to sack it off without getting the critcism they would have done.

He is probably right too H as Rangers attract a lot of "support" from exreme right organisations such as the BNP. There was nearer 200,000 and the publicans of manchester will having nice holidays from yesterdays takings. Shocking scenes of the copper going down and the boot going in.
In contrast fair play to the rangers fan who laid a wreath for Tommy Burns whilst being applauded by celtic mourners. I think it brought a small amount of dignity to the proceedings.

I was told last night that they were out canvassing amongst the crowds in Manchester

Last edited:
"I know they will say it's a minority but a few thousand is a big minority."

Rangers being followed by a bunch of twats is no real shock, they pride themselves in their racist shameful attitudes and the club is supported by hate filled fans....most fans of the old firm want their team to win the league not due to the joys of success, but for the joys of being superior to those down the road that you hate for all the wrong reasons

scumbag ***** should be banned from any competition outside of their two bit league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669