Ranson leaves Cov

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh does Craig Bellamy not beat his wife...just women in Cardiff bars and people with golf clubs?
Just the facts please, no made up stuff i.e. John Arne Riise is ginger and therefore not a person.

Last edited:
Poor guy, I know he's a worthless scum, but surely he's served his time by now.

I am surprised to see Tornado using this pathetic phrase. It goes with another dreadful comment people (though to his credit not Tornado) has used "he has paid his debt to society". It was not society he punched in the face it was a young woman; his debt is to her.

As for him serving his time that has never made sense. Would a registered sex offender be allowed to work in a children's home or an embezzler be allowed to work in a building society? There are many jobs barred to any one who has served a prison sentence.

Football clubs have a particular responsibility since they very much represent the community. Footballers should also be role models; that comes with being paid so much and having a high status. You do not get youngsters walking around with shirts naming their favourite Tesco employee.

Coventry made the cynical decision to employ Marlon King. The result is that the innocent victim of the assault is now the subject of unpleasant chants from a substantial minority of Coventry fans.

I am surprised to see Tornado using this pathetic phrase. It goes with another dreadful comment people (though to his credit not Tornado) has used "he has paid his debt to society". It was not society he punched in the face it was a young woman; his debt is to her.

As for him serving his time that has never made sense. Would a registered sex offender be allowed to work in a children's home or an embezzler be allowed to work in a building society? There are many jobs barred to any one who has served a prison sentence.

Football clubs have a particular responsibility since they very much represent the community. Footballers should also be role models; that comes with being paid so much and having a high status. You do not get youngsters walking around with shirts naming their favourite Tesco employee.

Coventry made the cynical decision to employ Marlon King. The result is that the innocent victim of the assault is now the subject of unpleasant chants from a substantial minority of Coventry fans.

We operate a system of restorative justice in the UK rather than retributive justice, King is being treated like any other former offender and is able to work in his field of expertise subject to any necessary controls just like any other former offender. It may not be palatable to some but it is our legal system.

You'll notice that was posted in response to a link that shows Marlon King was staying on at Coventry. Now would probably be a great time to use Mackey's patented 'Woooosh!' phrase but I will raise myself above that level!

In short, it was completely sarcastic and I obviously hope he rots in hell for eternity, but staying on at Coventry is an acceptable alternative!

You'll notice that was posted in response to a link that shows Marlon King was staying on at Coventry. Now would probably be a great time to use Mackey's patented 'Woooosh!' phrase but I will raise myself above that level!

In short, it was completely sarcastic and I obviously hope he rots in hell for eternity, but staying on at Coventry is an acceptable alternative!

i had the misfortune to be in Cov yesterday

it's one big shitty turd of a flyover, with the sweetcorn of cash converters and kebab shops dotted around it

This old chestnut again? Any parent letting their kids think footballers are role models are seriously letting them down. A parent should look to be their own children's role model, and saying this guff about footballers, pop stars, tv presenters, or anyone else is simple abdicating their own responsibility. Frankly, DGw, given the well-thought and argued points you often contribute, I'm surprised you've swallowed that line.

Your points about embezzler/bankers and child minders/child abusers are entirely spurious, as those combinations are directly related to one another. There is no such relation between being able to kick a football and being a jolly nice chap. And as for the chants coming from a small part of the Coventry crowd, that certainly isn't Marlon King's fault any more than it is his victim's. The adults in the crowd are responsible for their actions, and CCFC should hold them responsible just as we would expect if there, say, a racist chant in the same part of the ground.

You'll notice that was posted in response to a link that shows Marlon King was staying on at Coventry. !

I noticed it wasn't a respose to anything, I read it you were talking about Ray Ranson.

As for Marlon Kings and John Terrys of this world. Who I think both used the line "I've learnt a lot from this and am a stronger better person"

How ****ing stupid were you both to begin with?

Well done you.

I noticed it wasn't a respose to anything, I read it you were talking about Ray Ranson.

As for Marlon Kings and John Terrys of this world. Who I think both used the line "I've learnt a lot from this and am a stronger better person"

How ****ing stupid were you both to begin with?

Well done you.

Well you read it wrong then didn't you. The original post I made was straight after Rhydal's link about Marlon King staying on at Coventry and not joining Cardiff.

**** me.. for all the stick I got about being slow on the draw a few months ago I would have expected the in joke here to be painfully obvious.

Well you read it wrong then didn't you. The original post I made was straight after Rhydal's link about Marlon King staying on at Coventry and not joining Cardiff.

**** me.. for all the stick I got about being slow on the draw a few months ago I would have expected the in joke here to be painfully obvious.
:icon_lol: I fail to see how anyone missed the point of what you said. Sometimes even hitting people squarely in the face with a gag isn't enough.

Tooth hurty

Seriously though - Whoooooosh of the Year, without a doubt

:icon_lol: I fail to see how anyone missed the point of what you said.

I presume that it's a symptom of reading the post in isolation rather than regarding it as part of a continuing thread. Sometimes easy to do when there is no reference to the post that is being replied to.

Whoa! Fiesty one you are! :056:

Apologies TSUK, for having to write two paragraphs in response.

I did understand your sarcasm in you'r initial post. Sorry you didn't get mine. I guess a winkie might have helped you and others out there.

we don't want them going in admin and clearing their debts....we want the owners to be stumping up to just pay the interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566