Ratings V Millwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Though they won 3-1, they didnt play very well expect the first 20 mins and last 15 mins.

Walker 6

Stearman 8
Maybury 7
Dublin 6
McCarthy 7

Hughes 8
Wilcox 5
Nalis 4
Williams 7

Connolly 6
De Vries 6

SUBS-
Heath 5
Gillespie 6
Gudjonsson (Not on long enough)

Did you go today?

Williams was much better than Hughes who was very average.

Walker 6

Stearman 8
Maybury 7
McCarthy 7
Dublin 5

Wilcox 3
Hughes 6
Williams 8
Nalis 5

Connolly 5
De Vries 7

Gillespie 6
Gudjonsson 6
Heath 5

hughes was average are you sure you went today. Williams barely touched the ball Hughes was at the heart everything

Walker 6

Maybury 7
Dublin 7
McCarthy 7
Stearmen 7.5

Wilcox 5
Nalis 5
Williams 6
Hughes 8

De Vries 6
Connolly 7

subs
heath 7

Walker6 Made a great save in the first half.

Maybury 7 Did well,big improvement on the west ham game.

Dublin 8 I thought Dublin did great,he did what was needed at the right time.Played the ball when he could,and big oooof when under presure.

McCarthy 7 Steady,getting better with every game
Stearmen 7.5 The lad did great until he got clobbered

Wilcox 5 He just doesnt do it for me.
Nalis 5 very poor

Williams 6 Never got going in first half.Made a fantastic run in second which set up connolly to get a peno.
Hughes 8 by far the best player on the pitch.

De Vries 6 when is he going to time his jumps to head a ball
Connolly 7 In my book he never gets the service he needs.

subs
heath 7 Seady when called on.
Gillespie 5 very quiet.
Gudjonsson.5 never had long enough.

Sunday People said:
LEICESTER: Walker 5 - *STEARMAN 7 (Heath 49mins, 6), Dublin 7, McCarthy 7, Maybury 7 - Hughes 7, Nalis 7, Williams 6 (Gudjohnsson, 88mins), Wilcox 5 (Gillespie, 46mins,6) - Connolly 7, De Vries 7.

Walker 6

Stearman 8- and he only 17 years old,
Maybury 7 - Contributes more on the right
Dublin 8 - best he has played for us, solid in defence
McCarthy 7 - Solid, no ,istakes

Hughes 8 - Gets about, An excelent signing
Wilcox 6 - did ok, needs more time
Nalis 5 - Had a bad day, Is he lossing intereast
Williams 7 - Played a defensive role and played it well

Connolly 6 - To slow to react, he playes well away from goal
De Vries 7 - More like it, used his strength, a vast improvment

SUBS-
Heath 3 - Let them score, twat
Gillespie 7 - Cooking on gas
Gudjonsson 6 - We missed him

Walker - 7 - made a good save in the first half and got most balls into the box, showing pace and bravery a few times and getting punished for it once when he was knocked to the floor by another of those mild-mannered Millwall players, at times his kicking could have been better but he also got the ball out quickly a few times when he needed to. Might have been able to do better before McCarthy had to kick the ball off the line.

Stearman - 8 - quick, sharp, eager... went bombing down the right every opportunity he had, put in some great tackles (when he tackled that player and put the ball out it was the first time in ages that I can remember the crowd actually cheering a tackle! We used to be able to do that a lot), and showed some skill.. was battered by their players a lot (can’t believe the ref did nothing when he got smacked in the face) but overcame it most of the time. Great volley for the goal, and you could tell by the celebration that it really meant a lot to him (just wish there were more than 100 people in that part of the stand though!)

Dublin - 7 - solid at the back, opted for kicking rather than heading a few times which was probably wise considering how bad he was at heading at the start of the season, wasn’t much of an attacking option in this game but held things together at the back.

McCarthy - 8 - fantastic goal-line clearance, was quick and solid at the back and even though he played out of position for awhile he looked comfortable. Tugged on players shirts a bit, but that should clear up once he’s been told to pay no attention to Dabizas...

Maybury - 7 - still not as effective on the left as on the right, although he did get forward more this time and showed he has the pace to do so as well, still has the tendency to get beaten a bit at the back though.

Hughes - 8 - MOTM - energetic, looked comfortable out of position and linked up well with Stearman, who was also playing out of position, put in good corners and crosses (can’t count the amount of times he drove it fast and low into the box, also took it to the corner a lot as well), linked the midfield and strikers in a way we’ve not been able to do much of this season and at times seemed to be working as a 3rd striker as he was so advanced. Great buy.

Williams - 6 - same old, same old from Williams again... showed some good touches occasionally and didn’t really let anyone down, also he won a good few headers, but he drifted in and out of the game and while he didn’t really do anything wrong he didn’t do anything above-average either.

Nalis - 4 - oh Nalis, what has become of you? I know he was good friends with Micky, so maybe that’s his problem. He won a lot of headers... but other than that, he was slow (took him ages to decide where to pass) and I can hardly remember any time when one of his passes went to one of our players. I don’t really want to slag him off as I think he’s an honest pro and a nice bloke who tries... But as he’s probably not going to get a contract for next season, I feel his heart might just not be in it anymore.

Wilcox - 5 - did he put any good crosses in? I remember put one in from about the half-way line that went to no-one and he had a header in the box that he headed away from goal... he wasn’t awfully bad but just disappointing (as he has been for all but one game this season), its good to have back-up on the left but I’m not sure he should be starting.

Connolly - 7 - missed his usual easy chances, but worked hard as usual and took his penalty well. With people working on the wings he sometimes looks at a bit of a loss of what to do, but not too much so, won more headers than de Vries and showed his pace on occasion... held the ball up well also.

de Vries - 6 - his passing is good, he holds up the ball well and has a few touches of class, but his heading is so woefully bad it detracts from all that. He won about 5 headers yesterday from a possible 25, and when he did win them they’d usually go out of play or to a Millwall player... that said he did score with a header! What a shock that was, his second chance was the better one though and he was unlucky to hit the post but you could see his growing confidence after the goal, lets just hope it continues. Overall I think it was a better performance than some of his previous ones, but he needs to keep working on his heading.

Subs:

Heath - 6 - actually did quite a few good things, won the ball a few times and a lot of headers as well. His passing has improved and he cleared a ball that was very close to being a goal, he made a few minor Heath-like mistakes but overall I think he’s improving and I’m not sure Levein has written him off just yet.

Gillespie - 7 - not sure I like him on the left as he cuts inside even more than usual! However when you look at him now and compare that to what he was like its amazing to see the improvement. He looked full of confidence and energy. Managed to keep possession when we needed it and looked very eager to please.

Gudjonsson - wasn't on long enough to rate.

Walker 6 I was worried by his inability to get near their corners.

Stearman 8 Superb, nuff said
Maybury 7 One of his better games on the left IMO
Dublin 8 Didnt put a foot wrong
McCarthy 8 Ditto plus an astonishing goal line clearance.

Hughes 9 Smashing player, offers something from midfield we didnt have before.
Wilcox 6 Same old Wilcox
Nalis 5 Never really rated him
Williams 6 Disappointing

Connolly 6 Not his best game
De Vries 7 His best 90 minutes for us

SUBS-
Heath 4 At fault for their goal, seems low on confidence.
Gillespie 7 Did OK willing to run with the ball
Gudjonsson 6 not on long enough

Walker 6

Stearman 8 Great goal, some excellent tackles

Maybury 7

McCarthy 8 Goal line clearance was awesome!!

Dublin 8 I thought he had an excellent game

Wilcox 5

Hughes 6

Williams 7

Nalis 5 Really poor

Connolly 6

De Vries 7 for the goal and hitting the post......his attempts at heading were actually making people laugh

Walker 7

Stearman 8
Maybury 7
Dublin 8
McCarthy 8
Hughes 7
Wilcox 5
Nalis 5
Williams 6
Connolly 6
De Vries 7

SUBS-
Heath 5
Gillespie 5
Gudjonsson ?

Walkers: 7 - good save first half, no chance with the goal.

Stearman: 7 - good goal and looked solid at right back.

Dublin: 6 solid and kept dichio's quite for most of the game

McCarthy: 8 (MOTM) Had a great game, amazing clearance of the line and when asked to move to right back didnt look out of place and even set up the 3rd with a cross.

Maybury: 6 solid game

Nalis: 4 Very poor

Williams: 6 - after recent performances this was one to forget

Hughes: 7 - Looked very lively and was a constant threat going forward.

Wilcox: 5 - good to see him back, lacked match fitness and didnt do much

De Vries: 6 - would have been a five without the goal, needs to put his weight around a bit, knocked off the ball to easily.

Connolly: 6 - Looked lively first half, just wish he would use his instincts more and have some snap shots, always seems to do to much.

Subs:

Gillespie 6 - Looked out of place on the left wing, once moved to the right he put in a solid display.

Heath: 5 - He broke up play well but IMO was at fault for the goal, should have been stronger.

Gudjohnsen: N/A not long enought

Walkers: 6 - dodgy at times, needs to command area more

Stearman: 7 - excellent, looks a very good prospect.

Dublin: 7 - steady

McCarthy: 7 - excellent. Him and Stearman could be the cornerstone of our back 4 in 2-3 years time hopefully.

Maybury: 6 - did basics well.

Nalis: 3 - truly truly awful.

Williams: 5 - just too inconsistent for me.

Hughes: 8 MOTM - fantastic, even playing out of position he looked excellent.

Wilcox: 5 - will let him off as its his 1st game for months

De Vries: 5 - poor again, lucky to get on the scoresheet with keeper error and should have buried another near end

Connolly: 6 - worked hard again but still low on confidence, needs to get in better scoring positions in open play

Subs:

Gillespie 6 strange to see him on left..

Heath: 4 - knew as soon as he come on we would concede, gotta get rid of him asap.

Gudjohnsen: N/A not long enought

Walker 7
Stearman 7.5
Dublin 8
McCarthy 8
maybury 8
Hughes 6
Williams 8.5
Nalis 2
Wilcox 5
Connolly 7.5
De Vries 5

Gillespie 7
Heath 5

homer said:
Walker 7
Stearman 7.5
Dublin 8
McCarthy 8
maybury 8
Hughes 6
Williams 8.5
Nalis 2
Wilcox 5
Connolly 7.5
De Vries 5

Gillespie 7
Heath 5

Still not let up on the big man :lol:

Dennis Wise - hahahahahahaaaa!

Walker 7 Good save in 1st half, but slowing down now.

Stearman 8 On course to be a city great
Maybury 7 improvement on west ham performance
Dublin 8 seemed very comfortable
McCarthy 8 This lad is going to be something
Hughes 8 plays well with
Wilcox 6 back from a bad injury keep in mind
Nalis 6
Williams 8 at the heart of everything
Connolly 7 well taken penalty
De Vries 7 I hope more to come now he is off the mark

SUBS-
Heath 3
Gillespie 7
Gudjonsson 6

Walker 6 one good save also came needlessly for two balls that nearly cost us dearly

Stearman 7 excellent unfortunate to recieve injury
Maybury 7 average
Dublin 8 solid
McCarthy 8 impressive
Hughes 9 linked up well
Wilcox 6 average
Nalis 6 below par still giving the ball away too much
Williams 7 slow to start picked up well
Connolly 7 average some good running
De Vries 6 not what we are expecting as yet

SUBS-
Heath 3 at fault for goal
Gillespie 7 confidence is high
Gudjonsson 6 mediocre again

lazzer said:
Walker 6 one good save also came needlessly for two balls that nearly cost us dearly

Stearman 7 excellent unfortunate to recieve injury
Maybury 7 average
Dublin 8 solid
McCarthy 8 impressive
Hughes 9 linked up well
Wilcox 6 average
Nalis 6 below par still giving the ball away too much
Williams 7 slow to start picked up well
Connolly 7 average some good running
De Vries 6 not what we are expecting as yet

SUBS-
Heath 3 at fault for goal