Ratings vs Preston (Carling Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Unwin

I was only one of a few that went last night so here's my ratings:

PRESSMAN - 9 (Great game, would of been over sooner had it not been for his saves)
MAKIN - 6 (Average game)
STEWART - 6 (Put in some great crosses but too many silly things)
DABIZAS - 6 (Did ok, wasn't on long enough though)
HEATH - 8 (Very solid, didn't do much wrong)
SCOWCROFT - 7 (Usual self, worked his socks off)
WILLIAMS - 7 (Drifted in and out the game but much better than normal. Passing was excellent)
GUDJONSSON - 8 (Starting to look the part)
TIATTO - 7 (Never has a bad game, just not as good as normal)
BLAKE - 8 (Best display yet, linked up well and put himself about)
WRIGHT - 6 (Not really in the game. Is he overated?)

ELLIOTT - 7 (Very steady, just looked a little slow at times)
GILLESPIE - 8 (Give him a start!!! Lots of pace and energy, added some much needed width)
WILCOX - 7 (Average)

I'd give them this:

PRESSMAN - 8 (Great game, would of been over sooner had it not been for his saves)
MAKIN - 5 (Average game)
STEWART - 5 (Put in some great crosses but too many silly things)
DABIZAS - 5 (Did ok, wasn't on long enough though)
HEATH - 7 (Very solid, didn't do much wrong)
SCOWCROFT - 6 (Usual self, worked his socks off)
WILLIAMS - 6 (Drifted in and out the game but much better than normal. Passing was excellent)
GUDJONSSON - 7 (Starting to look the part)
TIATTO - 6 (Never has a bad game, just not as good as normal)
BLAKE - 7 (Best display yet, linked up well and put himself about)
WRIGHT - 5 (Not really in the game. Is he overated?)

ELLIOTT - 6 (Very steady, just looked a little slow at times)
GILLESPIE - 7 (Give him a start!!! Lots of pace and energy, added some much needed width)
WILCOX - 6 (Average)

PRESSMAN - 8 :lol:
MAKIN - 6 :?
STEWART - 4 :x
DABIZAS - 4 :x
HEATH - 7 :)
SCOWCROFT - 7 :)
WILLIAMS - 6 :?
GUDJONSSON - 8 :lol:
TIATTO - 8 :lol:
BLAKE - 7 :)
WRIGHT - 5 :cry:

ELLIOTT - 8 :lol:
GILLESPIE - 8 :lol:
WILCOX - 6 :?

sorry for the smilies, bit bored.

Pressman 8
Makin 4
Dabizas 3
Heath 5
Stewart 4
Scowie 7
Williams 5
Gudjonsson 5
Tiatto 7
Blake 7
Wright 3

Elliott 7
Gillespie 7
Wilcox 5

Williams was excellent, I think people are overrating Tiatto to be honest. He runs around but some of his passing was very poor.

PRESSMAN - 8.5 (MoM)- well done to the bloke, he seems to be the only one that cares. good saves kept us in the game for so long.

MAKIN - 5 - too many mistakes, disappointing because i've seen him a lot better ths year. Elliot sorted him out a bit too. canero needs a chance.

STEWART - 6 - I've always been a fan of jordan. but he isn't a left back - he's a winger! MA needs to keep them in their positions otherwise there is too much confusion. i lost count of how many times he was out of position. some good crosses nevertheless and he was eagre to get forward to cause problems.

DABIZAS - 4 - Very very shaky. forwards find it so easy to lose him he is definitly turning into a ball watcher. and he cannot organise a defence it amazes me that he's captain!

HEATH - 7 - a solid first half from him, clearing up mistakes made by people around him. stayed strong and seemed to improve as the game went on.

SCOWCROFT - 6 - Same old same old. he's strong, clever, versatile. always trying. people should lay off him. he looked very disgusted as he went down the tunnel at the end of the match.

WILLIAMS - 6 - Got stuck in a bit more than usual and passed well. but he got attached to that imaginary straight line between the 2 boxes and didn't chase anything.

GUDJONSSON - 8 - very good. he wanted the ball. i was impressed by him.

TIATTO - 6 - always involved and managed to keep his cool (most of the time) worked hard. he's played better.

BLAKE - 7 - he played OK but he's still shite. bad signing but he managed to look goodamongst a bad team against 10-men

WRIGHT - 6 - he's got the desire but has a lot to learn

ELLIOTT - 8 - sorted out the defence very well. good sub and he has shown that he can still play a part.

GILLESPIE - 7 - i thought he was good, he gives us more crosses which is what we need. looked sharp and quick, a lot better tha last year!

WILCOX - 6 - tried but the team had already given up.

Pressman 8
Makin 5
Dabizas 5
Heath 7
Stewart 5
Scowie 7
Williams 7
Gudjonsson 8
Tiatto 7
Blake 7
Wright 6

Elliott 7
Gillespie 6
Wilcox 5

Pressman 6 - Made some good saves but also some bad cock ups. On their first he should've come to get it but didn't, and a couple of other times he didn't bother to go get it either, even when Matty Elliott was trying to shield it back to him at one point

Makin 5

Dabizas 3 - Dire, get rid of him now.

Heath 4 - Not much better than Dabizas although improved slightly once
Elliott came on

Stewart 2 - Terrible. Tried to put a cross in in extra time but it was just a hard volley right across the pitch. If anyone had tried to head that they'd have probably got whiplash.

Scowcroft 5.5 - While he was on the right he did nothing but definetely improved upfront. He's a striker, play him there!

Williams 5.5 - Does he even want to be here? He's got talent and you can see it, and sometimes he even showed it, but he just didn't seem to care! He didn't get involved and too often was just walking up and down the centre circle. Had no idea what to do in the final third. I think that could be a confidence thing. He wanted to shoot but figured he'd get too much stick if he missed. His rating went up a bit because he did try and get stuck in more during extra time

Gudjonsson 7.5 - He's had a lot of criticism and from the 2 I've been to I can't tell why. He's probably been our best player in both. Very good when we passed the ball, sort of drifts away when we play hoof. But even then, whenever he did get the ball he tried to pass it around and get balls in.

Tiatto 7 - Started off really well, and every passing movement we had, he was involved in. It seemed that when Elliott came on though he must've been given some new instructions, because him and Stewart seemed to swap positions and then they didn't seem to really know what they were doing.

Wright 3 - That's probably generous. What's all the hype about? Can't remember him doing anything really. Couldn't win a header, couldn't beat anyone to the ball. He did try though.. The blokes next to me made interesting comments about Wright. They were saying that whenever he did anything wrong no one cared, or people started singing for him, but yet Blake got booed before he even touched the ball and he did much better than Wright.

Blake 7 - Worked hard, scored a goal with a good finish, held the ball up pretty well and tried to create things. My only 2 complaints with him really were that he seems to refuse to his head, he tried to chest everything, and also often took too long on the ball deciding what to do by which time gaps had been closed.

Subs:
Elliott 9 - Solid as a rock. I don't remember seeing him do a thing wrong. Made the tackles, lead the team, and whenever he got the ball he was composed and passed it to one of our players instead of hoofing and hoping like Dabizas and Heath. Has to start!

Gillespie 7 - I felt sorry for him. It took him about 5 minutes to settle into the game but after that he did well, took players on, put crosses in, created chances and provided us with the width we needed. We looked better when he came on. Seems like no one else realised that though, everyone had already decided he was going to be bad before he came on.

Wilcox 6 - Nothing special, but got involved, moved around from left to right trying to get things going..

PRESSMAN - 8
MAKIN - 2 Blame him for two goals at least, seemed to be laughing near the end!!!
STEWART - 5 Out of position, not ever a defender
DABIZAS - 3 Never seems to tackle, just a lot of pushing
HEATH - 8 (Very solid, didn't do much wrong) - Agree
SCOWCROFT - 6 Does a lot but rarely accomplishes anything, like passing or laying off to someone
WILLIAMS - 5 Overrated, not a substantial player, LCFC been ripped off
GUDJONSSON - 7 (Starting to look the part) - Agree, but another one who seemed to think it was a laughing matter
TIATTO - 6 I like him, but the problem last night was that with him and Stewart attacking it left the left hand side open for Preston
BLAKE - 7 (Best display yet, linked up well and put himself about) - Agree but he still isn't a footballer
WRIGHT - 2 (Not really in the game. Is he overated?) - agree, I can't recall him receiving and controlling the ball, fell over a lot, complained a lot, generally crap

ELLIOTT - 7 (Very steady, just looked a little slow at times) - Agree but he certainly was busy organising and we looked better with him on the pitch, Smith and Cresswell certainly knew he was on the pitch
GILLESPIE - 8 He needs a run in the side, sure he's in decline but he's got class and we certainly need that, trouble is Makin keeps playing him into trouble
WILCOX - 1 I cannot understand how he's a professional footballer earning a wage, does us a favour, retire

Generally cold night, empty stadium, no atmospere, lots of amateurs there blocking passages looking for their seats (they certainly won't be back), so where was everyone else?

Graz said:
Gillespie 7 - I felt sorry for him. It took him about 5 minutes to settle into the game but after that he did well, took players on, put crosses in, created chances and provided us with the width we needed. We looked better when he came on. Seems like no one else realised that though, everyone had already decided he was going to be bad before he came on.

Your cheque's in the post mate.

Nice. :wink:

Gillespie is getting all this praise yet he lost us the game...

Last minute, ball in our third, just hoof it Keith or play it off them for a throw....no, please don't meg him...oh dear.

You're a wanker Keith, go away.

Cobbo said:
Gillespie is getting all this praise yet he lost us the game...

Last minute, ball in our third, just hoof it Keith or play it off them for a throw....no, please don't meg him...oh dear.

You're a wanker Keith, go away.

Sorry didn't Cresswell score three?

:roll:

All 3 set up by us. But my point was in the last minute, we were 2-1 up, Gillespie had the ball on the right, chance to hoof it upfield or play it off their player for our throw, but he tried to meg him in our own third, the ball went to them and then they went and got a penalty.

He's supposed to be a professional footballer isn't he? That earns a hell of a wage, he should surely be able to do the simple task of hoofing the ball clear so we win a game?

Caused by Makin passing the ball to Gillespie when he was heavily marked.

That's my recollection

Makin caused goal 1 and 2

kam said:
Caused by Makin passing the ball to Gillespie when he was heavily marked.

That's my recollection

Makin caused goal 1 and 2

Regardless of whether Makin passed him it or not, he shouldn't have tried to nutmeg their player.

Makin was atrocious, the first goal was laughable.

and Makin seemed to be laughing during the game

How can you say Gillespie lost us the game!? Makin past it to Gillespie when he had 2 players on him and was pretty much on the the touchline. He had to either knock it out for a throw or try and get past them. And it was Jordan Stewart who jumped on Cresswell :?

Giving the ball away on the halfway line when you have about 8 of your own players behind you shouldn't cost you a goal

Pressman 8
Makin 5
Heath 6
Dabizas 4
Tiatto 8
Stewart 7
Gudjonsson 9
Williams 7
Scowcroft 7
Wright 4
Blake 5

Elliott 8
Gillespie 6
Wilcox 4

Graz said:
How can you say Gillespie lost us the game!? Makin past it to Gillespie when he had 2 players on him and was pretty much on the the touchline. He had to either knock it out for a throw or try and get past them. And it was Jordan Stewart who jumped on Cresswell :?

Giving the ball away on the halfway line when you have about 8 of your own players behind you shouldn't cost you a goal

He was halfway inside his own half :? all he needed to do was knock it off their player for our throw or hoof it. You do not try to beat people in your own half, when you're 2-1 up in the last minute.

PRESSMAN - 9
MAKIN - 6
STEWART - 5
DABIZAS - 5
HEATH - 6
SCOWCROFT - 7
WILLIAMS - 7
GUDJONSSON - 7
TIATTO - 6
BLAKE - 4 +1 for the goal 5
WRIGHT - 4

ELLIOTT - 6