Pre Match Reading v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can we have our proper players back for this one.

Four changes were made last night. Konchesky came in and he's been our main left back this season, starting 28 of the 41 matches. Moore came in and he's started 25 of the 41 and King came in and he's started 20 of 41. The only real 'change' was KP starting rather than coming off the bench.

The performance last night was nothing to do with the personnel chosen. It was the approach and attitude of them. I don't think a De Laet or a James being in the side would have made any difference whatsoever.

Four changes were made last night. Konchesky came in and he's been our main left back this season, starting 28 of the 41 matches. Moore came in and he's started 25 of the 41 and King came in and he's started 20 of 41. The only real 'change' was KP starting rather than coming off the bench.

The performance last night was nothing to do with the personnel chosen. It was the approach and attitude of them. I don't think a De Laet or a James being in the side would have made any difference whatsoever.

I disagree about RDL. I know he can be questionable defensively, but without him in the side there is no real outlet on the right side. He has pace to burn and is capable of beating the majority of players. Not only that, the threat of him pushing on and overlapping is much greater than the threat posed by Moore. Likewise with Schlupp playing at LB instead of Konchesky.

I think we've always had a 'pacey' outlet on both sides of the pitch which has contributed to our success and we didn't have that last night and we looked lost of ideas. I would imagine a lot of Konchesky's 28 starts have been with Dyer on the same side, likewise De Laet with Knockaert. In a short way, what I'm getting at is we lose a lot of attacking threat by playing Moore & Konch, while playing Knocky & Mahrez, due to the lack of pace and overlap and the tendencies of the wide players. If Nige wants to play Mahrez & Knocky, IMO he has to play Schlupp and De Laet. Mahrez & Knocky both want to cut inside at almost every opportunity and this is where the pace of De Laet & Schlupp really benefit the team.

While I agree it's not as clear cut as that, I'm fairly sure we have played with at least one quick player on at least one side of the pitch for the majority of the season.

That being said as you quite rightly mention, the attitude of the players and the crowd were 'We've already done it, who gives a ****' and while I don't think the personnel would have changed the result I think RDL might have offered something more (excuse me) than what we had last night.

In my opinion, formed over years of watching him, King is useless in a 2 man midfield, he has no urgency except in front of goal and doesn't pressure the opponents midfield

Tricky one this. Reading have stuff to play for and I expect they'll have a real go. 3-0 to Leicester then

Hopefully we'll get back on track here.Reading's home form is up & down like a slapper's gusset,so we've every chance.

Apparently tomorrows ref has a propensity to issue red cards and give pens - that has to mean vardy starting ( even if he can only hop) and wasyl having the night off !

I would play RDL Moore Wes and Jeff with James DD and Hammond in midfield Knockeart in the hole and Vardy or GTF and Nuge up front.
Vardy's fitness would determine if he starts or on the bench unless its too early for even that. Keep him for the QPR game if necessary.
Mahrez/Dyer or Phillips/Wood to come on depending how the game's going.

I would play RDL Moore Wes and Jeff with James DD and Hammond in midfield Knockeart in the hole and Vardy or GTF and Nuge up front.
Vardy's fitness would determine if he starts or on the bench unless its too early for even that. Keep him for the QPR game if necessary.
Mahrez/Dyer or Phillips/Wood to come on depending how the game's going.
Have you emailed Nige yet?

Is there a match tonight? Why am I on the M25?

It's Saturday according to this email I've just received from the club.

ega9u8aq.jpg

Oh:017:! In that case I´ll push the sofa back up against the wall and get an early night then.

I've completely lost interest in this season. Cannot get excited about tonight's match at all. We're up, that's all that matters to me.

I'm much the same BN, very hard to get excited about the games now we're promoted.

One thing I am interested in though is when all the games will kick off 40 mins late as a mark of respect for the people's & families lives that were destroyed as a result of the Bradford fire?

I'm staying at the Madejski Hotel so might as well go to the game, £9 for 2 drinks isn't doing it for me though

Last edited:
Bus pass valid on the P&R. Result!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572