Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff said:
Some of us are injured.
Not another pie overdose webbo?
Or are you busy pulling that ligament?
:icon_wink

Jeff said:
No. I was seriously going for it a few years ago, but I stopped trying when I had around 4 grounds left to go. A few other teams have joined the league since then, I now need to go to Accrington, Barnet, Chester, Hereford, Wycombe, Chesterfield and Huddersfield to have the full set..

So you didnt go that City V Hereford Cup Game. Where the BBC billed it as Radford Redux when Paul Parry hit the post?!?

Funnily enough I have been to three of those grounds and none of them to watch Leicester.

I am sure you have mention that Boc's done it?

Last edited:
Jeff said:
I now need to go to Accrington, Barnet, Chester, Hereford, Wycombe, Chesterfield and Huddersfield to have the full set..

Just checking but you do have to see a game at the ground don't you, not just a visit?

MKFox said:
Just checking but you do have to see a game at the ground don't you, not just a visit?

To be a part of the official 92 Club, there are a number of strict rules to ahear to and one of these is to watch a game. I remember reading there is a 'select special' part of the 92 who do 92 grounds every season, this means often taking in 6/7 games over a weekend.

MKFox said:

Yes.

Some people insist that for it to be 'official' it has to be a competitive first team game. But I've counted a couple where I've just seen friendlies. I've also counted grounds where the club has moved into a new stadium since, so really I should visit Swansea and Darlington again.

Hazzman said:
To be a part of the official 92 Club, there are a number of strict rules to ahear to and one of these is to watch a game. I remember reading there is a 'select special' part of the 92 who do 92 grounds every season, this means often taking in 6/7 games over a weekend.

How do you do 6/7 games in a weekend - without use of a helicopter?

I know there are some local leagues where they arrrange a lot of games spread out at different times over a bank holiday so the anoraky groundhoppers can do loads in a few games, but it would be very unusual to be able to do more than 5 'proper' league games in a weekend, and even to do five you'd have to be very lucky with the fixture list.

Jeff said:
How do you do 6/7 games in a weekend - without use of a helicopter?

I know there are some local leagues where they arrrange a lot of games spread out at different times over a bank holiday so the anoraky groundhoppers can do loads in a few games, but it would be very unusual to be able to do more than 5 'proper' league games in a weekend, and even to do five you'd have to be very lucky with the fixture list.

I was slightly exaggerating as nowhere would so many happily local games be on. But...

1. Friday Night
2. Saturday Noon
3. Saturday 3pm
4. Saturday 6pm
5. Sunday 12pm
6. Sunday 4pm
7. Monday

Jeff said:
No. I was seriously going for it a few years ago, but I stopped trying when I had around 4 grounds left to go. A few other teams have joined the league since then, I now need to go to Accrington, Barnet, Chester, Hereford, Wycombe, Chesterfield and Huddersfield to have the full set..

Can't match your record Jeff. But many moons ago (84-85) we played something like 47 games counting the f.a and league cup. Towards the end of the season we played Southampton over a bank holiday weekend, and yours truly fecked up the kick off time. That spoiled an 100% attendance for me that season. Made it to a Newcastle mid-week winter fixture though:icon_razz

Jeff said:
Beaumont Fox will probably be along later to say she's not missed a match home or away for the last 25 years.

Bocadillo will probably be along any minute to tell you he's being required to play Scrabble in Dutch - and losing badly!!

Hazzman said:
Anyone noticed that PSV who were appartently going to play us have had a couple of fixtures in England.

Wonder what put them off City.

maybe they could only play us when we were at mottram park?

Hazzman said:
Anyone noticed that PSV who were appartently going to play us have had a couple of fixtures in England.

Wonder what put them off City.

Weren't Boca Juniors supposed to play against us as well at some point? After pulling out of the Pepsi Max Tournament?

Hazzman said:
I was slightly exaggerating as nowhere would so many happily local games be on. But...

1. Friday Night
2. Saturday Noon
3. Saturday 3pm
4. Saturday 6pm
5. Sunday 12pm
6. Sunday 4pm
7. Monday

How many matches kick off at 6PM on Saturdays?

The way the Sky matches are scheduled (usually at 12:30 and 5:30), you end up having half an hour to get from one ground to the next. So they would have to be VERY local, and it's just not going to happen.
The Sky games on Sunday are usually at 2PM and 4PM, so again no chance of getting to both.
Also I wouldn't count Monday as the weekend!

Leigh said:
Weren't Boca Juniors supposed to play against us as well at some point? After pulling out of the Pepsi Max Tournament?

Yeh, they owe us a fixture but we wont see it till they play some of top calibre in pre-season.

Its the same the FA owe any team they play a fixture back, take for example Hungary, Iceland and Japan but England are not going to fufill that criteria when they are just warm-up teams. However, notice the correlation between Holland and England playing each other. We play in Amesterdam and then Birmingham. Portugal aswell, we play at Villa Park and then we play at Faro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669