Reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.

step

I don’t mean to dampen anyones enthusiasm for what CL is doing, but, people are getting carried away, there is a long way to go and we must not expect too much, too soon.. So let’s have a reality check.

I think we all agree that because the squad was full of crap Journey men, CL has had no choice but to sign a hell of a lot of new players, this is not a good situation to be in because most good teams are built over a period of years.

CL has bought in a lot of younger players that have limited but good track records, all have to move their homes and families to Leicester, a stressfull time for the indervidual, but it shows a long term commitment to the club, which can only mean they are hungry for success so I think we can be confident that they will have bags of enthusiasm and with CL motivation there will be plenty of passion on the pitch and if he can sign another half decent striker (Lovell seams favourite) in my humble opinion with time we will have the foundation of a good team that will be a serious contender for a top ten position

But, be prepared, It will take some time for the players to settle in, sort out their personal life and for the team to gel, during that period we will see players playing out of position, we will suffer while CL changes the team about, frustrated players will get booked and worst of all some bad football will be played with some poor results happen. We all know that when player move clubs it does not always workout so we must expect some of the new signings to be donkeys. But, on a more positive note: the players he has brought in do seam to give CL many options, sorting out which is the best positions and partnerships etc. Not an easy task and CL will need time to work things out and make this work so please don’t set dead lines for the day of judgement, they don’t achieve anything, things are never that simple or cut and dry and it has never been that rosy at city, so our expectations must be realistic.

We must be patient, let CL build a team for the future and don’t add to his difficulties by getting on players backs, It helps no one if the boo boys start to abuse players while they trying to play. It just de-motivates the player, reduces their confidence and makes them play worst. Anyone who deliberately makes city players play worse is NOT a city fan. Equally we do not need those who sit behind the box to be shouting abuse at CL during a match which must effect his concentration and the decisions he makes.

As fans we demand 100% commitment from the manager and the players, and if we want city do well this season, shouldn’t we give 100% commitment by supporting CL and the team while they develop?

City will need the twelfth player and we are that twelfth player. Let us show some passion and commitment.

and we shall fight them on the beaches?

Great speech step. dont really see us being the 12th man though as much as some of us might try.

Agree with a lot of the sentiments Step. I hope the fans show some patience.

In terms of your signature, with Faith now gone, what happens when all Hope has disappearted - are we then relying on charity?

Granite Fox said:
Agree with a lot of the sentiments Step. I hope the fans show some patience.

In terms of your signature, with Faith now gone, what happens when all Hope has disappearted - are we then relying on charity?

Another couple of seasons in the fizzy and all that is left will be charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670