Reallity check time !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm full of confidence that it will be for the good of the Board Members Arsepockets:icon_roll

Whats the alternative to M.M. though?? We keep hearing about other bids but how long can you wait for these to transpire, we also hear of share options, but so far nothing has been forthcoming..... again how long do you wait?

M.M'S put his bid in and if your a businessman whether a consortium or not, you can with reasonable assumption know what you have to bid to counteract M.M.
Because as M.M's done he's looked at the complete portfolio, done a risk assessment and made his bid accordingly so surely any opposition should by now have done the self-same thing.
:icon_cool

Whats the alternative to M.M. though?? We keep hearing about other bids but how long can you wait for these to transpire, we also hear of share options, but so far nothing has been forthcoming..... again how long do you wait?

M.M'S put his bid in and if your a businessman whether a consortium or not, you can with reasonable assumption know what you have to bid to counteract M.M.
Because as M.M's done he's looked at the complete portfolio, done a risk assessment and made his bid accordingly so surely any opposition should by now have done the self-same thing.
:icon_cool

I personally believe the 'alternative' was a way of stirring up Mandaric's interest more and the City board were hoping for an over-estimation bid.

The board have done bloody well to run the club well in those circumstances.

I haven't been slagging them off because I agree they have done a really good job. They realise we need some cash to keep going have done something about it. They saved us from extinction and are making sure it won't happen again.

:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

definately put the cat amongst the pigeons with this post, the fact of the matter is that the only bid made public is MM the others are obviously keeping quite, and waiting for the right time to strike, this is standard practice, it takes time to get all the details of a bid together and then present it to the board. the fruit will be in the pudding!
I believe there are more twists and turns to come over the coming weeks.

definately put the cat amongst the pigeons with this post, the fact of the matter is that the only bid made public is MM the others are obviously keeping quite, and waiting for the right time to strike, this is standard practice, it takes time to get all the details of a bid together and then present it to the board. the fruit will be in the pudding!
I believe there are more twists and turns to come over the coming weeks.
That's put the cat amongst the pigeons

I personally believe the 'alternative' was a way of stirring up Mandaric's interest more and the City board were hoping for an over-estimation bid.

You might be right though that would be a dangerous game to play. I think someone other than MM came along sniffing and so the Board let MM know. When the Sniffers found out that MM was involved, they cacked their pants and left the board with only one option. ;)

lets not forget MM has been in talks with the board for over 2 months, I think its a done deal. A majority of the Shareholders will agree to the bid on Saturday, and this time next week MM will be in charge.
:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038:

I would find it difficult to believe that the board would call the meeting without intending to recommend the deal. If it wasn't good enough they would still be talking or MM would have walked. That being the case I can't imagine the shareholders going against the board.

Hello Milan!

I would find it difficult to believe that the board would call the meeting without intending to recommend the deal. If it wasn't good enough they would still be talking or MM would have walked. That being the case I can't imagine the shareholders going against the board.

Hello Milan!

there may not be an announcement, but news will leak out, or rumour.

to hold the meeting before a home game seems bizarre baring in mind most supporters are for the mm change

the board must feel it will go that way or it would of been safer to hold it later.

happy days or tin hats at the ready??

How did that happen then?

At the time of administration we owed TIAA (Teachers) £28 million

Assets listed to go towards that debt were:
Cash held in charged accounts: £5.43 million
Walkers Stadium Freehold: £6.34 million

Leaving a balance of just over £16 million owed to TIAA.

I'm not an accountant so maybe I've misunderstood exactly what went on, but it looks to me that TIAA took ownership of the freehold in exchange for £6 million coming off the debt.

Actually, I think you may be right, but the end result is basically the same. The ground is shown in the accounts as an asset, with a hire purchase liability. I am sure that if the club paid the hire purchase off, the freehold would revert to the club.

to hold the meeting before a home game seems bizarre baring in mind most supporters are for the mm change
I strongly suspect getting them away from their day jobs is a nightmare. How can they justify going to a "hobbiests" meeting during working hours when they have money to make and proper businesses to run elsewhere.

It can't be easy, your hobby must always come second to your employement

Last edited:
Someone on Talksport the other night claimed Dowie would come with MM, he reckoned Dowie was exactly the type of Manager MM likes, and that RK had been of the opinion of stepping down when the takeover completes.

Just thought I'd throw it in, smells a bit to me....

Someone on Talksport the other night claimed Dowie would come with MM, he reckoned Dowie was exactly the type of Manager MM likes, and that RK had been of the opinion of stepping down when the takeover completes.

Just thought I'd throw it in, smells a bit to me....

AS MM has had so many managers, who is to say which type he prefers!;) I agree, Alex, smells a bit.

"to hold the meeting before a home game seems bizarre baring in mind most supporters are for the mm change"

How do you know? The majority of people posting on message boards seem to be in favour, but I know plenty of fans who are as dubious as me who don't have any interest in the internet 'discussions'. We're a minority on here, all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669