Reasons to be cheerful

David Gwilliam

There are many positives about Leicester City and football in general.
We had years as a yoyo club. This was followed by years in which we seemed to have settled for second tier mediocrity. We are now an established Premier League side. Fans of Derby, Forest, and Villa would love to say that.

The present owners are easily the best we have had - how Leeds and Newcastle fans would love to have owners like Vichai and Top.
In my opinion the King Power Stadium is better than Filbert Street. Certainly the pitch is better. Players are no longer playing in mud.
We see players from all over the world and this has improved the quality of play. I am all for the foreign players even if I struggle to spell Leicester's number 8.
Hooliganism is rare. When I first came to watch Leicester I would have advised women and ethnic minorities not to go to matches.
When Leicester play away to Arsenal I will watch it at the pub. If a Leicester match is not televised in full I will see the goals in Match Of The Day. Live matches (1)used to be rare and Match Of The Day showed one game.

(1) I realise that I am misusing the word "live" here. The only people watching the game "live" will be at the game. However, I have never come across an alternative for a game shown on TV as it happens.

homer

Certainly the pitch is better. Players are no longer playing in mud.

We see players from all over the world and this has improved the quality of play.

Hooliganism is rare. When I first came to watch Leicester I would have advised women and ethnic minorities not to go to matches.

All of these can be pretty much applied to every single team playing in the top two divisions, and a couple of clubs in lower tiers than that, rather than being anything particularly special about Leicester, or their owners

LCFC Twitter

1. The teams are back out and the second 4️⃣5️⃣ is upon us! 🙌 Watch the #lcfcu23s live - and free - on LCFC TV 👉… https://t.co/r54duu7bMQ

2. A stunner from Lamine Kaba Sherif is the difference in Devon. We'll be back for the second half on LCFC TV 👊 https://t.co/COuWXOfSHb

3. "As sweet as you like!" 🍬 A simply brilliant goal from Lamine Kaba Sherif in Exeter! 👇 Watch the #lcfcu23s live 👇

4. WHAT. A. GOAL!!! 😳👏 Lamine Kaba Sherif volleys it in from 25 yards out! #lcfcu23s https://t.co/j71lOA09o4

5. "Leicester have had the two best chances of the game and they've both come from corner-kicks!" 💫 #lcfcu23s

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Manchester City 27  65
Liverpool 26  65
Tottenham  26  60
Manchester Utd 26  51
Arsenal 26  50
Chelsea 26  50
Wolves 26  39
Watford 26  37
Everton 27  33
10 West Ham Utd 26  33