REBUILDING EVERY SEASON THEN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're expected to do quite well next season from what I've heard. And they're a team full of exciting youth for the future, u saw where that got them last year :D

Tom W said:
They're expected to do quite well next season from what I've heard. And they're a team full of exciting youth for the future, u saw where that got them last year :D
Vincent, Konjic, Kenna, Taylor, Bisgaard, Smith are quite experienced. So I think thats youth mixed with experience. If you think ours is youth mixed with experience your taking the piss. Its a few 23 year olds and 1 year contract has beens.

Petrescu said:
We're a joke. Micky is a liar. Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit its impossible to put into words.

I like most are not over the moon with the players we have signed but likewise i dont think they are as bad as some people on here are making out. Dublin WILL score goals,Mcateer WILL be a good asset at this level (He was the skipper for sunderland and in the games i watched on the box was more than capable), Williams is one that quite frankly i am surprised about as i thought a premiership club would have snapped him up as he is so cheap. Wilcox i cant really pass comment on as i dont know enougth about him and how he has performed in the last few years but i am sure he will make a good squad player and then we have Tiatto who i am sure will be frustrating but will add the bite to midfield we will need if we are going to play Nalis/Williams.

I think people get too carried away, i would love us to sign young players with bags of potential or big name premiership stars in headline grabbing swoop deals but it aint going to happen.
We a) havn't got any money for signings, b) we can't break the new wage structure that i am sure we have had to implement when we were relageted, thats the reason why we realeased so many players and the hardest to swallow is c) We quite simply arn't and never have been a very fashionable club and the administration saga did nothying to improve this image.

It will take us years to get over the administration thing, i will be more than happy if we can assemble a squad to make us competitive this year and aim to scrape into the playoffs. If that is a squad of ageing old farts then so be it but at least we will be there.
Lets not forget we are still paying large amounts of money to the creditors!

Look at the forest side, some of you will look at the side and be envious of the average age of the players and the so called 'potential' they have but i woud back Leicester to finish higher than them this term and then who has the better squad??

I do acknowledge that we need a new striker but again i would be more than happy with Freeman. The squad is coming together NOT exciting but i reckon solid enough for top six.

Ian said:
Petrescu said:
We're a joke. Micky is a liar. Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit its impossible to put into words.

I like most are not over the moon with the players we have signed but likewise i dont think they are as bad as some people on here are making out. Dublin WILL score goals,Mcateer WILL be a good asset at this level (He was the skipper for sunderland and in the games i watched on the box was more than capable), Williams is one that quite frankly i am surprised about as i thought a premiership club would have snapped him up as he is so cheap. Wilcox i cant really pass comment on as i dont know enougth about him and how he has performed in the last few years but i am sure he will make a good squad player and then we have Tiatto who i am sure will be frustrating but will add the bite to midfield we will need if we are going to play Nalis/Williams.

I think people get too carried away, i would love us to sign young players with bags of potential or big name premiership stars in headline grabbing swoop deals but it aint going to happen.
We a) havn't got any money for signings, b) we can't break the new wage structure that i am sure we have had to implement when we were relageted, thats the reason why we realeased so many players and the hardest to swallow is c) We quite simply arn't and never have been a very fashionable club and the administration saga did nothying to improve this image.

It will take us years to get over the administration thing, i will be more than happy if we can assemble a squad to make us competitive this year and aim to scrape into the playoffs. If that is a squad of ageing old farts then so be it but at least we will be there.

Look at the forest side, some of you will look at the side and be envious of the average age of the players and the so called 'potential' they have but i woud back Leicester to finish higher than them this term and then who has the better squad??

I do acknowledge that we need a new striker but again i would be more than happy with Freeman. The squad is coming together NOT exciting but i reckon solid enough for top six.

exactly... it's like banging your head on a brick wall with this lot

Ian said:
Petrescu said:

post of the year

lanxfox said:
My expectations for next season was to see a Leicester City side being built with players who were going to fill us with the hope ( whether they succeed or not) for the future not with players who have passed their sell by dates long ago and are just here cause nobody else wants em!!! :cry:

so you would rather have a load of 3rd division kids with no talent, who would most probably do shite. than quality experienced players who i would say give us a decent scrap at promotion.

But you dont mind coming 20th in the league cus they are young, and would probably be given free transfers A year later cus they are useless.

Southern Fox said:
Babylon said:
Tom W said:
Walker
Scimeca, Heath, Dabizas, Thatcher
Scowcroft, Izzet, McKinley, Freund
Dickov, Ferdinand
(Coyne, Sinclair, Guppy, Gillespie, Bent)

Walker
Canero, Heath, Dabizas, Stewart
McAteer, Williams, Nalis, Tiatto
Wright, Scowcroft
(Coyne, Elliott, Wilcox, Benjamin, Morris)

Team is already younger this year and theres still signings to come in. Stop whining.

*Babylon applauds Tom W*

*Southern Fox is still laughing*

*babylon flips the bird at whining southern fox*

Tom W said:
Murphy
Canero, Heath, David Wright, Stewart
O'Grady, Williams, Matthew Spring, Kris Commons
Michael Ricketts, Wright

Why doesn't that idiot micky adams just buy and play this team!!!!!!!! They are all young and will definately win the league this year and will be good enough to play in the Premiership for years to come!!! Adams you stupid idiot for god sake!!!!

We are all much better managers than stupid Adams. Why doesn't the club just let us manage the club to be honest. We're obviously tactic and transfer market gods. I mean look at this young team I've made here which will easily win the league, and that retard adams fills the team with old hasbeens. Old people cant even play football, just look at the french team!! old gits hahaha

You are once again deliberately missing the point. Its not about Adams -I don't think for a minute he is in control -its the (lack of any) money men who are determining policy & whilst probably unavoidable -you & some others are NOT going to enjoy the outcomes in the forthcoming season.

Redditch Fox said:
Tom W said:
Murphy
Michael Ricketts, Wright

Why doesn't that idiot micky adams just buy and play this team!!!!!!!! They are all young and will definately win the league this year and will be good enough to play in the Premiership for years to come!!! Adams you stupid idiot for god sake!!!!

We are all much better managers than stupid Adams. Why doesn't the club just let us manage the club to be honest. We're obviously tactic and transfer market gods. I mean look at this young team I've made here which will easily win the league, and that retard adams fills the team with old hasbeens. Old people cant even play football, just look at the french team!! old gits hahaha

You are once again deliberately missing the point. Its not about Adams -I don't think for a minute he is in control -its the (lack of any) money men who are determining policy & whilst probably unavoidable -you & some others are NOT going to enjoy the outcomes in the forthcoming season.
Tom W was taking the piss. God knows why he put Murphy in there, astonishing.

Redditch Fox said:
Tom W said:
Murphy
Michael Ricketts, Wright

so you think the team we have plus another 2 or 3 signings aint good enough for a play off spot????????????

I am hoping that MA will re-make the players that he has signed, i mean the older players like Dublin don't count but if we can get something out of wilcox and McAteer before they retire and I am sure that we will get some more young players in, Williams is a definate postive and Tiatto is a great player as well. Since MON has left, Leicester not settled. MA has to re-gain the faith from some of the city fans and prove that he is gonna do it for Leicester. I have and will always keep the faith until he resigns or gets sacked.

Babylon said:
Redditch Fox said:
Tom W said:
Murphy
Michael Ricketts, Wright

so you think the team we have plus another 2 or 3 signings aint good enough for a play off spot????????????

That depends entirely on whether we bring in 2 or 3 good quality players.
Obviously, 2 decent strikers are needed leaving option for Dublin playing in central defence especially as Dabizas appears to want out & would not be a great loss & its asking a lot for Matty to play a full season. Also a further ball winner in midfield to complement Williams (if his transfer happens). In which case a play off place is reachable. Otherwise, I think its going to be very difficult.

Dublin wont play in defence, its a certainty he'll be our main striker up front next season, cause we're twats.

Because he is the best we have got, and the best we can afford at this moment in time. He will score 15+ goals.

Dublins pretty damn good as far as division 1 strikers go, what on earth can your problem be with him?!

Tom W said:
Dublins pretty damn good as far as division 1 strikers go, what on earth can your problem be with him?!
My problem is he will be our main striker at 35. I said when we signed him i'd be happy for him to play in defence but not up front, which is where he'll play.

Why? He is a better player upfront.

Why do you see age before ability. Your post above is the perfect example of this. You have not disagreed that Dublin is a good quality striker for Div1 but you do not want him in the team simply because he is 35. I just do not understand.

He hasnt played up front for more than a year. Anyway, he isnt my main concern, my main concern are the other 3 injury prone starlets.

But why do you think age is more important than ability? This is what it comes down to.

Injury prone. How did you feel about the Morris signing?

FNQ said:
But why do you think age is more important than ability? This is what it comes down to.

Injury prone. How did you feel about the Morris signing?
I wasnt delighted with it but i wasnt moaning until i found out he was constantly injured from the day after we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363