Redknapp's at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once I hope he gets his man. No disrespect to Keown, he has been good for us...he's just not the future. We need to release funds to get people in and settled before the start of next season, otherwise it will take us another half season to get any kind of settled stable team.

So Far;

---------------------------No GK---------------------------
Maybury---------Heath----------Stearman------Stewart
No Right Mf---Gudjonnson----Williams------------Tiatto
---------------De Vries------------Connolly--------------

Kisnorbo(sp)
Dawson
Canero
Tommy Wright
Morris(?) Not sure if his contract is up
*I haven't included Logan because he isn't very good*

Whilst I'm not bitterly dissapointed wiht that team, I do think we need to strengthen it sooner rather than later and give everything a chance to gel. Getting rid of Keown could provide the money to do this. Priorities must be central defenders for next season, another forward (DeVries has an injured reputation), A Goalkeeper (Obviously) and a right midfielder...though I would currently try to keep Gillespie.

CL said he sees Stearman as a right back not a centre back as he isnt physically big enough to be a centre back but other than that I agree.

DurhamFox said:
CL said he sees Stearman as a right back not a centre back as he isnt physically big enough to be a centre back but other than that I agree.

Stearman will probably fill out a bit more as he gets older. I agree that he isn't the biggest in the world, but he's quick, distributes well and makes a damn fine cup of tea.

One for the future (not too distant one either...I hope)

SilverFox said:
(DeVries has an injured reputation)

Has he been telling bad jokes as well then?

Chris_Unwin said:
What about Gillespie on the right?

Totally agree there, I can CL offering him a new deal.
Who would have thought any LCFC fan would be saying that a few months ago :shock:

Chris_Unwin said:

His contract is up at the end of the season, and as of yet there has been no extension offered. Thats not to say there won't be though.

Naughty Fox said:
Chris_Unwin said:

Totally agree there, I can CL offering him a new deal.
Who would have thought any LCFC fan would be saying that a few months ago :shock:

before the season started there was a poll about who will be our most important player for this season, some voted for Gillespie (including myself)... and some also said that Dublin will be our top scorer :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669