Relegated feels good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it would appear we didn't manage to get enough points to see us stay out of the bottom 3 by the end last day of the season...

The problem was not the number of managers Milan hired, He should have hired more.

He should have sacked ollie months ago and hired another one, and if the other one was no good he should have sacked him, and continued until he found a manager that could do the job.

The problem was not the number of managers Milan hired, He should have hired more.

He should have sacked ollie months ago and hired another one, and if the other one was no good he should have sacked him, and continued until he found a manager that could do the job.

That should entice the high quality managers we're after. Send him a text, let him know where he's going wrong.

Can you please give me a few examples of successful teams employing four, or more managers in a season? I will then heartily concur with your views.

The point i am trying to make here is not the fact that we are all but dead now that we are relegated, this is when we have a chance to rebuild and make us stronger, I.E when you get injuried or when you fail you try your very hardest and give it your all to be up again, that is what are going to do, the players and staff hopefully it is IH will give it there all knowing how much they have let the city of Leicester down including all fans and all people connected with the club

I am sure the upheaval (managers etc.) at the club had a detrimental effect on confidence and players attitude, but I still think it reasonable to expect that group of players to have avoided relegation. The upheaval may have scuppered playoff/promotion hopes but that squad should have found enough within themselves to grind out survival. This didnt and its to their eternal shame IMO.

Even if the manager was totally crap, the less intelligent players could still work out that their 'value', transfer or wages, does not increase by them being part of a team that got relegated, so they should have made enough of an effort to stop that happening! There is no excuse for their collective woeful performances. Obviously having a squad of up to 40 with many totally disinterested does nothing for morale.

The solution is either Holloway stays and has a clearout, keeping the committed talent, or a new manager comes in and has the same clearout. We need a maximum of about 25 including 'promoted' Academy stars like Gradel or Sappleton.

Anyone know our current squad size once loans in and out have gone back?

Spanky, relegation doesn't feel good...not even two day's spent in Amsterdam's finest coffee shops would make it feel remotely bearable.

I didn't feel as low on Sunday as have before in many, many years of watching City (the play-off trauma against Swindon for example) but that may be because my expectation levels have dropped consistently through out this miserable season. In fact I felt almost emotionally detached from the proceedings on Sunday.I wasn't there but also didn't feel part of the drama, my most emotional involvement was possibly when the Blades equalised at Southampton because I thought they might just save us.

I realised that I had lost the faith we have been asked to keep since Mickey Adams' tenure at the club.

I struggle, even as an optimist,to see any immediate, tangible benefit as a result of our relegation.

I do, however, believe that a fundamental change within our club had to happen and relegation may prove to be a catalyst for that change. I also believe that we have a strong Academy set-up and it will be good to hopefully see some pride in the shirt from that old cliche 'home grown talent' as our over-paid and transient journey men move on to richer surroundings.

I don't necessarily think we should take for granted that we will bounce straight back but consecutive wins should not be beyond us the third division and we need to come straight back to have any chance of rebuilding our forseeable future . That winning feeling seems to have deserted us for a long time now, it may be good to experience it more often next season.

We need a new perspective, unfortunately we now have no choice but to change.

No, relegation doesn't feel good and it will be some time before we can even hope to imagine that any good will come out of relegation.

Assuming that someone will gladly take the under-performing shower off our hands that is?

Well said Spanky - had we have avoided relegation we would have had an indentical season to the last two, underperforming and languishing near the bottom of the league all season.

Hopefully now we will win a few games, score a few goals and be higher up the table than we have been for seasons. Get rid of the players on big wages, get some of the youngsters in and rebuild from the bottom up.

City fans, whether you like it or not, we deserved to be relegated and we are not the force we once were (we need to stop thinking we are a premier league club) because we are a million fecking miles away from that at the moment.

I will be interested to see what the fans think of League 1 by the average attendances.

Well said Spanky - had we have avoided relegation we would have had an indentical season to the last two, underperforming and languishing near the bottom of the league all season.

But we didn't avoid relegation, did we ?

We got relegated to a level that we have never seen before - which puts it in direct contrast to every single season in our club's entire history :icon_conf

We will now find out which players want to play for our club and which ones are in it for a fat pay day.
Juventus when they went down found this out very quickly, the players who were genuine Juve stayed. They got promoted and those players who saw it through, now have a status amonst the fans they could never have dreamt of. We need this attitude at our club now. If we can keep the core of this squad, it should be too good for Division 1.
But McAully is already being linked with Ipswich..... the ball is in his court now, along with the rest of the players

Henderson

Stearman
Kisnorbo
Harry Wossname
Mattock

Bell
Oakley
Weso
Gradel

Howard
Chambers

Subs:
Logan
Magunda
King
Key

A few older heads sprinkled about the fruit of the academy and other youngster, this team looks to me like it would take on most of League One. City used to be about delevloping young talent and need to go back to it.

3 seasons of playing with relegation it was bound to happen, least it happened this season rather then next, image watching us go down next season wouldn't you guys feel shitter ;)

We will now find out which players want to play for our club and which ones are in it for a fat pay day.
Juventus when they went down found this out very quickly, the players who were genuine Juve stayed. They got promoted and those players who saw it through, now have a status amonst the fans they could never have dreamt of. We need this attitude at our club now. If we can keep the core of this squad, it should be too good for Division 1.
But McAully is already being linked with Ipswich..... the ball is in his court now, along with the rest of the players

i agree but i bet a fair few cant wait to leave lcfc

I saw someone mention Juve in another thread as well, and making comparisons there is crazy. The situations are completely different.

They got relegated because of match fixing, and were clearly going to be coming straight back up and still be a top team in Serie A. They finished 3rd this season. Plus the majority of the players who did stay had been at Juve for years anyway, were coming to the end of successful careers anyway... and would've probably been on bigger contracts than they would have been able to get elsewhere. Leaving Juve would have saved them 1 season in Serie B.

We got relegated because we're shit. No guarantee of coming straight back up and we'll probably be looking to sell because of cutting costs. Most of our players havn't been here long enough to develop any real loyalty anyway, and are either at an age where they will want to leave to make the most of their career, or get 1 last decent contract/crack at a better league. Most people seem to think that the majority of the players are shit and wouldn't care if they left anyway.. If the players stay here they could be suck in League 1 for ages really!

I would like to think that yes the players we have should be loyal and stay with us and that they will bounce straight back, but there is no guarantee. And really, why should the players have any loyalty? Most of them have been a year or 2 at most and aren't fans of the club.

Last edited:
Relegated feels good?

I agree, but not as good as self harming. You can't beat the feel of hot fresh blood spurting from your throbbing ballsack.

I saw someone mention Juve in another thread as well, and making comparisons there is crazy. The situations are completely different.

They got relegated because of match fixing, and were clearly going to be coming straight back up and still be a top team in Serie A. They finished 3rd this season. Plus the majority of the players who did stay had been at Juve for years anyway, were coming to the end of successful careers anyway... and would've probably been on bigger contracts than they would have been able to get elsewhere. Leaving Juve would have saved them 1 season in Serie B.

Graz you really should get the facts right, they also started in Serie B with a THIRTY points deduction as well. Returning at first attempt was not nailed on. It got reduced on appeal but that was never certain to happen and it was only half way through the season when it was reduced. They kept some big names but an awful lot fecked off too, Capello the manager was first out, followed by Cannavaro, the two french tossers went, Ibra went to Inter and Zambrotta and Emerson went to Barca. The loyal ones which stayed, all turned down big money contracts to stay and they are still there, and they were not at the end of their careers as you say.

The city players need that same attitude, and I would say if they stayed and got us back up, and this squad is more than capable of that, I am sure they would be much richer for it in the end.

and I would say if they stayed and got us back up, and this squad is more than capable of that, I am sure they would be much richer for it in the end.

But would they then become good enough to get us promoted to the Prem?

Last edited by a moderator:

We got relegated because we're shit. No guarantee of coming straight back up and we'll probably be looking to sell because of cutting costs. Most of our players havn't been here long enough to develop any real loyalty anyway, and are either at an age where they will want to leave to make the most of their career, or get 1 last decent contract/crack at a better league. Most people seem to think that the majority of the players are shit and wouldn't care if they left anyway.. If the players stay here they could be suck in League 1 for ages really!

I would like to think that yes the players we have should be loyal and stay with us and that they will bounce straight back, but there is no guarantee. And really, why should the players have any loyalty? Most of them have been a year or 2 at most and aren't fans of the club.

6 of them got new deals elsewhere and in reality it wasn't one year at the top level they were missing. They had to win Serie B and then rebuild in Serie A the following season before they could think about league titles and European trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669