REM split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orifice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15012427

After 31 years, the one time biggest band in the world are ending it all, as it were.

They are probably unfashionable to the pop pickers of today but I enjoy a lot of their stuff. I only saw them once and that was a million years ago, I'm glad I saw them before the became a stadium band.

I wish U2 would split.

I'm heartbroken ^ Think I'll drown my sorrows with a vodka and orange crush

Terrible news, end of the world as we know it!

Thank **** for that :038:

Was that one of their singles as well?

Certainly was

Along with the timeless classic 'Who gives a toss ?", and the truly groundbreaking and unforgettable "Piss off you boring overrated bunch of middle-of-the-road tossbags"

Certainly was

Along with the timeless classic 'Who gives a toss ?", and the truly groundbreaking and unforgettable "Piss off you boring overrated bunch of middle-of-the-road tossbags"

You're a Hollow Man homer, I'm going to go to Ignoreland because of you.

Some harsh criticism. I'd certainly never call myself a fan but I have enjoyed some of their stuff. UP was good and most of their albums were listenable, quite good if you wanted to stay at home and be miserable. All things come to an end, I'd thought they disbanded a while back, around the time Peter Buck went mental on a plane.

I just remember thinking as a youngster that people who went to an REM gig likely knew feck all about music, as this was mostely true with the people I knew who went to see them. My overinflated opinion of my own adolescent music tastes no doubt.

I just remember thinking as a youngster that people who went to an REM gig likely knew feck all about music

I'm sure that wasn't the case in the mid eighties when I got into REM. People who knew feck all about music wouldn't have heard of them. As I often do with bands I didn't like them as much when they became successful. I'm not sure whether that's snobbery on my part or whether bands in general aren't as good when they're trying to sell lots of records.

I never saw them live. I had tickets to see them in Nottingham in 2005 but Mrs Jeff got tickets for Live8 in Edinburgh on the same night so I went there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566