Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scowcroft said:
rotherhamfox said:
alex said:
trickytrev said:
Emerson Boyce would make for excellent voer at right back. Could also release Canero to play on the wing. Obviously Piper would be the most desirable signing on the right hand side though. Ball winners are easy, you can find them anywhere. Tim Shirwood could do a job for a season, but we won do that as we muight aswell have just kept Billy Mac on for another season. Dickov and Scowcroft first chooice strikers, no need for new signings there,

I couldn't agree more, quite suprised Billy Mac was released to be honest.

I was too, Billy Mac is a legend in my eyes.

Too right. We could have kept him for cover as his wages were extremely low in comparison to others. With releasing those 3 players(Freund/McKinlay/Davidson), we only have Nalis in the squad as a recognised central midfielder.

A ball winning midfielder is certainly the priority.

I'm pretty sure that we can get adequate replacements though, plenty of young midfielders with points to prove. Adams is the sort of manager these kids want to play for IMO.

rotherhamfox said:
I know Malf will agree, Liam Lawerence is the man we need, get in there before Rov Rum they want him.

He should be our top priority, this chap looks the business. Get Piper back aswell now that the mackems aren't going up. Then relax

Malf said:
rotherhamfox said:
I know Malf will agree, Liam Lawerence is the man we need, get in there before Rov Rum they want him.

He should be our top priority, this chap looks the business. Get Piper back aswell now that the mackems aren't going up. Then relax

Good point - I think Piper will come back during the summer, especially after Palace dumped them out of the race for Premiershipness.

Malf said:
rotherhamfox said:

We'd be laughing if we could get Piper back - I'm not sure how long he is contracted for, but he may have a few years left. I personally can't see it happening, but you never know.....

How about Lee Clark,maybe out of our price range.He is still at Fulham isn't he?never seems to get a game.

LS6_Fox said:
Lee Clark used to be a quality player, how old is he now?

32 I think. When he played for Sunderland he had a clause in his contract that meant he would never play against Newcastle. When Sunderland met Newcastle during Clark's spell at the club, he was caught on camera wearing a tee-shirt which read "Macams are Shite". I thought it was very funny.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Mark Pembridge would do a great job for us.

Good suggestion, but he's in his 30s aswell........

Good left foot though.

Maher, we are going to need the odd player around this age. With us only having a small budget and needing about ten new player I think it makes sense that we bring in one or two older player with experience. We need a blend of youth and experience, I have no worries about us still signing the odd old player if they can still hack it. Pembridge could hack it, he is about 32/33 but a very good technical player. Evil free kick taker too.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:

Good left foot though.

Maher, we are going to need the odd player around this age. With us only having a small budget and needing about ten new player I think it makes sense that we bring in one or two older player with experience. We need a blend of youth and experience, I have no worries about us still signing the odd old player if they can still hack it. Pembridge could hack it, he is about 32/33 but a very good technical player. Evil free kick taker too.

True, but if we're looking to get players like Pembridge in, I would have thought we could have kept someone like McKinlay on - Although, he is 35.

I think he's done a good job for Fulham, so it would be hard to get him.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:

Good left foot though.

True, but if we're looking to get players like Pembridge in, I would have thought we could have kept someone like McKinlay on - Although, he is 35.

I think he's done a good job for Fulham, so it would be hard to get him.

I think Adams wants a fresh start and wants to get a younger squad together. That doesn't mean he won't sign some experienced players, otherwise that would be stupid. Billy McKinlay hasn't been too happy at City, I read it somewhere that he would leave in the summer however many games he played in the premiership. Players like Billy at 35 is just perhaps one season too much for him. Adams is within his right to sign players above 30 if they can contribute something to us for atleast two years. I think it would be naive to say signing any player over 30 is wrong purely because Adams has said he wants to piece together a younger squad and the fact he's released several players over 30 who we think might have done a job for us next season.

Ashov,are you on about Kevin Kyle AGAIN.Did you see him yesterday,think if he would have had to take a penalty he'd of shit himself,he looked terrified.

highland fox said:
Ashov,are you on about Kevin Kyle AGAIN.Did you see him yesterday,think if he would have had to take a penalty he'd of shit himself,he looked terrified.
Just because he didnt take a peno doesnt mean he is shit !

Defence, Defence, Defence, Defence,Defence, Defence, Defence

Defence is our problem. Look at what has just happened. City was one of the highest goal scoring teams in the premiure and we lost points galore because of our poor defence

A good team is based and built on a good defence. Defence, Defence.
We must a sound defence, Everyone goes on about Heath as if he is a quality defender, he aint, he is nowhere near, his mistakes cost city us a great deal of points last season and he will cost us as many next season.

Just like this season, next season heath will fall over, miss kick or get dummied just before the oposition score. More often than not heath will make a stupid mistake that will lead to a goal. I guarantee it

First and foremost we must have decent defenders

Defence, Defence, Defence, Defence,Defence, Defence, Defence, Defence

Bloody hell Step, we get the picture.

Heath will be fine in Division 1, and he will improve. Although, I have my doubts about him being a Premiership player.

Malf said:
It's bizarre how as soon as someone posts something about a Swedish player we have a continental poster from sweden answer our question! It's great, but how do they know something about Sweden has been posted? It's the same with the Finnish posters we have, I love it. It's magical.

Replacements:

STEVE SIMONSEN If Walker goes

defence

MARTYN CORRIGHAN
DAVID MCNAMEE
HAKANPAA
ROBERT HUTH (LOAN)

Midfielders

LIAM LAWRENCE
MATTY PIPER
RICHARD WELLENS
KEIRON RICHARDSON (LOAN)
TOM HUDDLESTONE
RICHIE PARTRIDGE
ROBBIE BLAKE
ESSEDIRI

Strikers

JAVI MORENO
LEON KNIGHT
NACHO NOVO
DEREK RIORDON
LEE TRUNDLE
SCOTT MACLEAN
MARCUS ALLBACK

Leeds United are understood to be considering a move for goalkeeper Steve Simonsen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757