Reserves tonight V Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox

I see from the OS that Keown is in the starting line up along side Stearman. This would be quite interesting if Keown wasn't on the transfer list as it would give a potentially good 1st team partnership a run out.

With this in mind just wonder whether some announcement is on the horizon either Adams is leaving or maybe for the good of the club they have patched up their differences, otherwise cant see why Keown would be playing at all.

Perhaps after Monday maybe Micky has realised that we need Keown preferably instead of Dabizas.

He's being placed in the shop window obviously, the club probably expected someone to snap him up but no-one wants to pay his large wages without scouting him first and seeing if he's actually able to play at 38...Pity.

Leigh said:
He's being placed in the shop window obviously, the club probably expected someone to snap him up but no-one wants to pay his large wages without scouting him first and seeing if he's actually able to play at 38...Pity.

Not so sure Keown has already proved he can play this season, after the shambles of Monday night and the post match comments about under 12's defending, I wonder whether Micky has swallowed some of his pride or has been told to for the sake of his job.

I'd love for Keown to be coming back into the team but I really can't see it happening. If he's not being put in the shop window it could also be a case of the club deciding that while we pay his wages we might as well put him to some use (partnering Stearman will do the young player a lot of good). Or Keown himself requesting that if he is to be let go he's at least allowed to keep up his match fitness.

I couldn't understand why he was playing, it didn't seem to make much sense. It's not like Keown needs "advertising", clubs know what he can do.

Maybe it was just in the hope that he could pass some experience on to Stearman before he leaves?

Hopefully he'll stay, but...I doubt it. :(

City 3 - 2 Ipswich
Muggleton
Gondal
Dodds

Stearman outstanding. :wink:

So that's the kiss of death for the proper match then. BOOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669