Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzy magic

Just got back from watching the reserves, seeing as i only live around the corner from Kettering's ground....There was a good crowd probably around 1500.... was chatting to a bloke who has something to do with Kettering and he was saying that Leicester pay Kettering £750 to use there ground, but leicester get the gate money £2 for an adult £1 for a child.

Leicester 1 1 Chelsea.......Benjamin 90 pen

Players ratings...

1. Conrad Logan 4 Very shakey, at fault for the gaol when he called for it and totally missed it

2. James Wesolowski 6 Didn't really have to do much, but what he did he did well

3. Alan Wykes 6 looks a bit fragile got knocked of the ball quite easily, but he's quick and ran the line well with some good crosses

4. Liam Norvall 6 played well in centre defence with Stearman not alot got passed them

5. Richard Stearman (capt) 9 Outstanding, what a prospect he is, he looked confident, won every tackle and looked good going forward

6. Stephen Dawson 6 Looks solid in midfield

7. Aarran Butcher 6 did ok in midfield, came off at half time

8. Joey Gudjonsson 3 Might as well have stayed at home, totally dis interested

9. Tommy Wright 8 100% for effort non stop running shows plenty of aggression, not affraid to put the boot in...hit a few wayward shots though

10. Nathan Blake 5 won a couple of headers had a coulpe of shots but like joey looked dis interested

11. Trevor Benjamin 7 Used his power to good advantage against a young Chelsea side showed good pace, well taken penalty on the second attempt after the first one was saved but the keeper was near his 6 yard line

subs
12. Lee Morris 6 played all second half Was quiet to start off with but once he got warmed up he made some good runs....one leading to a penalty

14. Levi Porter 6 For someone who is only 3ft tall, he won some good headers and looked lively looks sharpe

Louis Dodds, Ricky Muggleton and Tomi Petrescu didn't play.

Chelsea:-
1. Lenny Pidgeley 2. Dean Smith 3. Sam Tillen 4. Nuno Morais 5. Steven Watt 6.Anthony Grant 7. Filipe Oliveira 8. Jimmy Smith 9. Danny Woods 10.Danny Hollands 11. Joe Tillen

Disappointed that there was no well know players, they were all about 16....There keeper was outstanding made 3 great saves

beaumontfox said:
i don't want to hear about Tommy being about to put the boot in........ i want to hear about him finding the ability to hold off defenders and giving himself room to move!!

i've seen him 'put the boot in' more than i'd like.

I was just trying to say he wasn't afrraid to get stuck in....not like Blake and Dublin who just fairy around. If he lost the ball he battled to get it back

Thanks for that. :wink:

yeah, cheers muzzy.
slightly worrying that only the reserves can come back in the final minutes. :roll:

Cheers Inspector Muzzy Magic. Interesting read that, can't believe no one mentioned Lee Morris playing 45 minutes and not getting injured and assisting a goal by winning a penalty. Great news, with him in the frame the competition for places upfront will increase and maybe, just maybe, Dublin will start trying a bit more.

thanks all.... I think we have enough up front not to play dion now, put someone in who's going to give 100%

Scowcroft and Connolly up front,Canero on right wing Morris on the left wing...simple as that :wink:

sper trev

emmalcfc said:
do none of you think that Stearman should be given a chance in defence

Not quite yet, soon though, I think we'll see him feature should one of our more experienced defendersget injured.

emmalcfc said:

I would like to see him at some point this season, I've seen him play about 7 or 8 times now and has been brilliant evertime. Lets just hope whoever takes over doesn't ignore the youth

Joe_Fox said:
emmalcfc said:

Not quite yet, soon though, I think we'll see him feature should one of our more experienced defendersget injured.

So what about the injured Keown and *Dabizas*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670