Richard & Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawsley

Richard Keys: Well, somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.

Andy Gray: Yeah, I know. Can you believe that? Female linesman. Forget what I said – they probably don't know the offside rule.

RK: Course they don't.

AG: Why is there a female linesman? Somebody's ****ed up big.

RK: I can guarantee you there'll be a big one today. Kenny [Dalglish, Liverpool's manager] will go potty. This is not the first time. Didn't we have one before?

AG: Yeah.

RK: Wendy Toms.

AG: Wendy Toms, something like that. She was ****ing hopeless as well.

RK: [exasperated groan]

AG: [inaudible]

RK: No, no, it's got to be done, it's good. The game's gone mad. See charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Yeah. Do me a favour, love.

Swissfox

She actually got the decision spot on.

So go, get a room and f*ck yourselves back and forth, Richard and Andy.

Last edited:

beaumontfox

Tossers.

There's far more blokes who watch football who know feck all about the game they see before them.

but really, how totally unprofessional a way to behave. Especially as she got the offside call right.

Knobheads the pair of them(especially that Chaventry twat)

Graz

Oh please.... hundreds of blokes sat in the pub probably had the same/similar conversations.

Doesn't mean it's right, but they shouldn't be strung up for it either.

Swissfox

Oh please.... hundreds of blokes sat in the pub probably had the same/similar conversations.

Yeah, but they couldn't be heard by an audience of a couple of hundreds of thousands, if not millions.:081:

I wonder what the predominant qualification is in order to pass as a TV pundit... More balls than brains?

Last edited:

David Gwilliam

It seems to me that for a woman to be referee or assistant referee of a top game she will have had to prove herself time after time and overcome all sorts of prejudices. All credit to her.

Sport has made remarkable strides (in England at least) in attacking racist bigotry among professionals. Sadly sexist bigotry is still rife within the game.

Among spectators there has been a great improvement over the last three decades. In our promotion season under Micky Adams there was a black referee (not Uriah Rennie) who had a bad game and at half time there was a womens team who came round the pitch. I did not hear a single racist or sexist comment - I can assure you that in the 1970s there would have been plenty.

Profondo Rosso

We have an excuse to finally get these clueless clowns sacked and off our tv screens and you are speaking out against it?!

I couldn't care what they are getting strung up for, they should have got sacked 20 years ago for being an embarrassment to their profession.

Last edited:

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
I said this earlier, but I'll say it again. Andy Gray has got no place saying anyone else doesn't know the rules, particularly the offside rule. This is a man who invents his own interpretations of rules and then passes them off as FIFA directives. He's an idiot and should not be on tv talking about a game he patently does not understand.

Biffa Bacon

Their comments just reflect the opinions of a majority of the idiot football watching public, I gave up paying for TV a few years ago (well paying over and above the license fee) because I just can't stand the tone of the coverage (Andy Gray actually said that he thought everyone in the country would be watching last weeks ManU game and I think he believed it).

homer

All that, and they didn't mention ironing once

Amateurs

Feckin' amateurs :icon_roll

Yorkshire Vixen

They'll just get a slap on the wrist, even though Sky say it was totally unacceptable:102:

Wonder what Mr Gray said about the 'Newell' incident...

Babylon

Yeah, but they couldn't be heard by an audience of a couple of hundreds of thousands, if not millions.:081:

They couldn't be heard millions from what I read. It was recorded and leaked to the media, so it said in the paper.

MHS

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

This is the funniest thing I've heard in ages.

Sky Sports gobshites 1-0 Women worldwide

jb5000

It's no different to Big Ron's off-mike abuse of Marcel Desailly, and the punishment should be the same.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Why haven't more people called for them to be fired? If she'd been a black man and they'd said "black linesman... they don't know the offside rule" both would be quite rightly out of a job and unemployable for the foreseeable future. Why is it somehow ok to make these comments about women?

Maybe the world will change. As recently as the 1990 World Cup game between England and Cameroon, Ron Atkinson suggested that a Cameroon player's mum might be watching from 'up a tree'. He got away with it. Just 14 years later, he was fired for that horrible remark about Marcel Desailly. Maybe in 2025 Andy Gray will make a similarly misjudged comment about women and be immediately, deservedly, sacked. But I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669