Ricky Hatton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

Another very very impressive performance last night. He destroyed Jose Luis Castillo in 4 rounds. Bring on Floyd Mayweather.

Another very very impressive performance last night. He destroyed Jose Luis Castillo in 4 rounds. Bring on Floyd Mayweather.

went round some birds house to watch it, she had it free some how,was superb, shame it was so short

I hate boxing.

But I think I might like it if the faves sometimes didn't win. Fixed!. Even if the actual fight itself isn't fixed, the matching up of the opponent is.

Farcical sport. Just like athletics, the names have all gone and interest is dying.

Still never faced anyone with any clout. If he fights Mayweather, it's at his weakest point coming out of retirement.

Can't believe people are knocking Hatton,he can only beat what is put in front of him:icon_roll

think thats fairly typical of the british mentality as soon as someone does any good people are quick to knock them down and find fault

Can't believe people are knocking Hatton,he can only beat what is put in front of him:icon_roll

But it's not what been put in front of him. He's been incredible selective, and dodged the likes of De La Hoya and Mayweather in his prime. Didnt fight Cotto or Calzaghe.

When he fought that Aussie/Korean he did well then, extremely well but after that he's not faught one with any zest about em.

The bloke he faced on Saturday, had lost 7 times!

Last edited:
But it's not what been put in front of him. He's been incredible selective, and dodged the likes of De La Hoya and Mayweather in his prime. Didnt fight Cotto or Calzaghe.

When he fought that Aussie/Korean he did well then, extremely well but after that he's not faught one with any zest about em.

according to sky it was the first time in his career that he has been floored :102:

He's unbeaten,of course its what been put in front of him.Maybe he hasn't thought he was ready to fight them and now he is.

think thats fairly typical of the british mentality as soon as someone does any good people are quick to knock them down and find fault

what a shame, when the sport has been dominated by yanks we send a couple of fighters over there who do the business and get slated instead of national support. this country does my head in sometimes.

what a shame, when the sport has been dominated by yanks we send a couple of fighters over there who do the business and get slated instead of national support. this country does my head in sometimes.

Aye and that Khan's no good..hasn't fought anybody decent yet...:102:

Name any fighters he's done with any clout about them. He did Kozru (sp?) but he's rarely beaten the best

according to sky it was the first time in his career that he has been floored :102:

Did they mention he couldn't fight in his last scheduled fight because he was overweight?

I like Hatton but he won't be regarded as a great boxer until he's beaten the best.

Aye and that Khan's no good..hasn't fought anybody decent yet...:102:

He's a prospect whose yet to have fought anyone of name. I think he will fade into the limelight simply because of his weight.

There is plenty of good British boxers at lower weight level who have been doing superbly but they are sadly ignored because of their weight and the way it's not recognised by television companies.

Ready to fight them now? Lucky if he lasts another 3 fights.

He's decided to give Mayweather call when he's in retirement......not 2 year ago.

So he should have fought him knowing he would lose:icon_roll

Well if he holds one of the world title belts at the same weight as one of the other guys then surely he must consider himself good enough to fight them. It's about the Challenge as Lewis did winning all 4 heavyweight belts.

No its not its about him earning money to keep him and his family secure forever and i don't blame him for one minute.You said yourself that he hasn't fought anybody anygood so maybe Hatton thought the same and wanted to get more experirence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669