Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argus

The Sun says we asked about him....yes I know the its only The Sun...
possible or Bullcrap guys???

I suspect we did ask about him. However, it's history not speculation.

**Insert scoop picture here**

'et al' means and others. Just a type of abbreviation, it saves listing lots of names. I have no idea if it is French, although I would suspect it is.

birch just revealed we offered to pay keanes 75k wages in full and he turned us down.

good ! 75k is ridiculous

If it was just on loan until the end of the season, surely it *could* be worth it. Keane would be quality at this level.

I accept that it is a moo point anyway, as we may as well discuss Messi coming here.

(like the opinion of a cow...it doesn't matter)

Last edited:
If it was just on loan until the end of the season, surely it *could* be worth it. Keane would be quality at this level.

I accept that it is a moo point anyway, as we may as well discuss Messi coming here.

(like the opinion of a cow...it doesn't matter)

Cowist. :018:

£75k per week?

Crikey.

I'm not even convinced he'd do all that well here if we played him up top on his own!

As a bit of a pointless aside here, I can't help thinking that Jason Roberts would have been an awesome signing. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he DOES have a cutting edge that I just don't think he have up front. Raw pace, power, awareness (underrated part of his game), holds the ball up and he can finish (sometimes).

For me Robbie Keane is more of the same (albeit far better quality) nice touches, flicks and stepovers here and there, but too often looking to run channels or try spectacular cross field balls or similar. What we're lacking is really someone to stick the ball in the net.

Obviously, if offered Robbie Keane on sensible wages, we'd be foolish not to snap him up, but I think I'd rather have a bigger, stronger, goalscorer than a talented, often brilliant forward who doesn't always show up (we already have a couple of those - most notably Gallagher).

2nd half of the season with robbie keane upfront with bednar...would love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669