Robbie Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
birch just revealed we offered to pay keanes 75k wages in full and he turned us down.

It wouldn't matter to Robbie if we were paying 10% or 100% of his wages, only Spurs would worry about that

Talking of which, season ticket holders on here, I hope you all completed the clubs e-mail survey & didn't say you would be willing to pay loads more for your ST next season, because if the club is coughing up wages like this......

Last edited:
As a bit of a pointless aside here, I can't help thinking that Jason Roberts would have been an awesome signing. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he DOES have a cutting edge that I just don't think he have up front. Raw pace, power, awareness (underrated part of his game), holds the ball up and he can finish (sometimes).

For me Robbie Keane is more of the same (albeit far better quality) nice touches, flicks and stepovers here and there, but too often looking to run channels or try spectacular cross field balls or similar. What we're lacking is really someone to stick the ball in the net.

Obviously, if offered Robbie Keane on sensible wages, we'd be foolish not to snap him up, but I think I'd rather have a bigger, stronger, goalscorer than a talented, often brilliant forward who doesn't always show up (we already have a couple of those - most notably Gallagher).

He's not a natural predator, but a goal in every 2.7 games at a much higher level than this suggests he's be a very welcome asset.

It wouldn't matter to Robbie if we were paying 10% or 100% of his wages, only Spurs would worry about that

Talking of which, season ticket holders on here, I hope you all completed the clubs e-mail survey & didn't say you would be willing to pay loads more for your ST next season, because if the club is coughing up wages like this......

I got a survey asking me why I didnt buy match tickets any more and then when it came to filling in any additional comments I wasnt able to fill it in as the box for comments was shaded out :icon_lol:

There is more chance of me and Homer placing a turkey on the half-way line and running naked at it during the half-time entertainment at the forthcoming Donnie match than RK coming here. Fact.

There is more chance of me and Homer placing a turkey on the half-way line and running naked at it during the half-time entertainment at the forthcoming Donnie match than RK coming here. Fact.
I wouldn't rule any of that out TBH.

He's not a natural predator, but a goal in every 2.7 games at a much higher level than this suggests he's be a very welcome asset.

I don't think anyone would dispute that and I'd welcome him with open arms, but I think if we're prioritising a 'type' of player, it wouldnt be this type.

Also, I've forgotten what my point was anyway.

Robbie Keane is a fantastic player, and someone I rate higher than Jermain Defoe. If we could get him it would be brilliant.

Redknapp has already said that he will probably go in January but to the club that offers the most money. I guess that will rule us out, that's all assuming that the player will have changed his mind about coming to us.

6 million transfer to Birmingham, apparantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670