Robert Pires

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

According to TribalFootball, it seems like we have put an offer on the table for him (along with Villa).

http://www.tribalfootball.com/arsenal-legend-pires-weighs-offers-aston-villa-leicester-1234921

Aston Villa boss Gerard Houllier is ready to deal in Arsenal legend Robert Pires.

Pires is already considering a firm offer from npower Championship club Leicester City, but Houllier is ready to tempt the 37-year-old with a player-coaching role - according to French newspaper La Parisien

The former France international may find first-team opportunities limited at Villa Park, but Houllier believes Pires’s experience would be invaluable in developing young talents such as Marc Albrighton, Barry Bannan, Nathan Delfouneso and Ciaran Clark.

Sven Goran Eriksson is likely to give Pires more game time at Leicester, but the lure of the Premier League would be hard to turn down.

37 for an outfield player is too high, very good player in his day but i think he would choose villa over us , let them be his cash cow

Can't see him choosing us over Villa.

Would love him to come here though

How would this one fit with Sven wanting pace through the side :102:

City "making an offer for him" - how many managers ago was this offer made ?

Noting Edgar Davids "success" at Crystal Palace, wouldn't go there

SGE did say in an interview which is published in todays Mercury that the players potentially coming in would be down to the role the agents played.

It sounds like we're going to be at the very top of that list when it comes to agents payments ...

I'm not sure what Pires would add to the squad. Would we want to leave out Dyer or Gallagher for him? What about Vassell?

Too much competition for places can be a bad thing.

Age doesn't mean anything. Someones legs can go at 32 or 40. He was playing and scoring last season in la liga.... although he probably wouldn't want a trial it would be the best way to assess him......

I'm not sure what Pires would add to the squad. Would we want to leave out Dyer or Gallagher for him? What about Vassell?

Too much competition for places can be a bad thing.

Agreed.

BUT maybe SGE is working a tactic whereby attracting big names at the tail end of their career now, may encourage other, more established top flight players to join us when we are in the Prem.

Just a thought.

Yes. A very succesful move on his part (not)

Bloody hell! Haven't seen anyone do that since primary school. Takes me back...

Last edited:
I like this bit:

Davids, who won a Champions League winners medal with Ajax, added: "I want to thank all the people who supported me and gave me one of the greatest experiences of my life."
I thought that as well. He ain't lead much of a life if playing for a piss-poor team in a rank part of South London is one of the highlights.

#LCFC Pancrate will play in reserves tomorrow, Rensing trial unsuccessful. Sven's talking to Villa re Davies loan extension. Pires a no go

I've got more chance of playing for City as Robert Pires, and I'll br honest with you I haven't played since I was 16.

How come? Are you friends with Sven? I can't say that I like the sound of this, but I'm prepared to give you a few games to prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669