Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the two key improvements were Rooney and King, the team just looks so much more balanced. King allowed Lampard to impose himself on the game more and Rooney linked the midfield and strikers. The question is do you drop Gerrard...

LS6_Fox said:
IMO the two key improvements were Rooney and King, the team just looks so much more balanced. King allowed Lampard to impose himself on the game more and Rooney linked the midfield and strikers. The question is do you drop Gerrard...

and the answer is yes. When was the last time he had a really good game for England? Must be sacraficed for the balance of the team. An excellent player to have on the bench and as cover for Lampard.

Last edited:
DurhamFox said:
and the answer is yes. When was the last time he had a really good game for England? Must be sacraficed for the balance of the team. An excellent player to have on the bench and as cover for Lampard.

Agree with Duzza here!!

Lampard is a better all round player than Steve!! and we link better with King in the side!

After last nights performance on a whole im beginning to look forward to Germany!

And as for Joe Cole he had a much game than he did against Austria!

ScarboroughFox said:
Agree with Duzza here!!

Lampard is a better all round player than Steve!! and we link better with King in the side!

After last nights performance on a whole im beginning to look forward to Germany!

I agree, I think a lot players had a much game. :102:

I think Luke Young is looking promising - wearing the badge with pride.

DurhamFox said:

Gerrard is a better player than Lampard,I'd look world class playing in that Chelsea side.

highland fox said:
Gerrard is a better player than Lampard,I'd look world class playing in that Chelsea side.

I thought the same until recently but their records in an England shirt suggest otherwise.

LS6_Fox said:

If King played with Gerrard then the side would be even better.Drop Lampard,Gerrard does more of the defensive work when he plays in the middle with Lampard if he was allowed to get forward more and play in the position he does for Liverpool then you would see that he is better option than Lampard...IMO

DurhamFox said:
I thought the same until recently but their records in an England shirt suggest otherwise.

Because Gerrard isn't used in his best role for England.

its begining to like lampard is getting the edge in svens mind and on current form i have to agree :102::icon_lol:

highland fox said:
Because Gerrard isn't used in his best role for England.

You might be right HF, all I know is they can't both play. I'm not convinced King is the answer but a holding midfielder of some sort defo is.

DurhamFox said:
You might be right HF, all I know is they can't both play. I'm not convinced King is the answer but a holding midfielder of some sort defo is.
Bang on, I'm not 100% sure on King (although he did play very well yesterday), but we do need a player in that role to allow Lampard or Gerrard to fulfil their potential; for their respective clubs with Makele and Hamann, they have license to play the way that suits them. On current England form Lampard gets my vote.

First decent game Lampard had for England in recent times was yesterday, I think we would have seen a similar improvement in Gerrard if he had played. I think Gerrard is a better player but I would be happy with either starting and hope Becks breaks another metatarsal getting off the plane in Germany.

LS6_Fox said:
Bang on, I'm not 100% sure on King (although he did play very well yesterday), but we do need a player in that role to allow Lampard or Gerrard to fulfil their potential; for their respective clubs with Makele and Hamann, they have license to play the way that suits them. On current England form Lampard gets my vote.

Scott Parker in the holding role ? I'm not that sure about him though.

ScarboroughFox said:
Agree with Duzza here!!

you don't half love those exclamation marks scarby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469