Ross Kemp in Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Anybody watching this ?

Best thing I've seen on telly for some time

Got it all backed up on sky+ planning to make a start this week, got to catch up on time team first……..

It's watchable but it tends to piss me off a bit, the feckin bullets keep missing him FFS.

Excellent series. That soldier from Ratby who was killed in Iraq was featured on one of the programmes and the footage that they showed of the time he was killed was quite chilling. And the footage of the American Tank driving across the road straight over one of those road-side bombs, it just makes you wish someone would just drop a giant bomb on the place and be done with it but the truth is, a good portion of the actual terrorists are probably based over here anyway..

Watching it on the net now.

Awsome, shame we cant send a few of our fans out there.

Excellent series. That soldier from Ratby who was killed in Iraq was featured on one of the programmes and the footage that they showed of the time he was killed was quite chilling. And the footage of the American Tank driving across the road straight over one of those road-side bombs, it just makes you wish someone would just drop a giant bomb on the place and be done with it but the truth is, a good portion of the actual terrorists are probably based over here anyway..

That is a shocking attitude.

A far better alternative would be for your government to withdraw the troops from the country that they've invaded and have no business being in in the first place.
I think it'd be preferable to stop throwing away the lives of British soldiers for oil & gas profits than to 'drop a giant bomb on the place' and murder thousands of innocent civilians.

That is a shocking attitude.

A far better alternative would be for your government to withdraw the troops from the country that they've invaded and have no business being in in the first place.
I think it'd be preferable to stop throwing away the lives of British soldiers for oil & gas profits than to 'drop a giant bomb on the place' and murder thousands of innocent civilians.

it's a difficult situation we've gotten ourselves in. I personally think we have business being there, the terror attacks on the US in 2001 were pretty much unprovoked and these people need to be sorted out. I think it should be everyone's business if the fate of the free world is in jeopardy, it could easily have been the houses of parliament or some other major British building/area that they could have blown up instead.

I think this is less to do with oil and gas profits and more about handing out justice to a group of people who themselves have massacred 'thousands of innocent people', and not just in the terror attacks they have carried out but also on their own country's people.

it's a difficult situation we've gotten ourselves in. I personally think we have business being there, the terror attacks on the US in 2001 were pretty much unprovoked and these people need to be sorted out. I think it should be everyone's business if the fate of the free world is in jeopardy, it could easily have been the houses of parliament or some other major British building/area that they could have blown up instead.

I think this is less to do with oil and gas profits and more about handing out justice to a group of people who themselves have massacred 'thousands of innocent people', and not just in the terror attacks they have carried out but also on their own country's people.

You are talking absolute nonsense.

The Mujahedin/Taliban had absolutely nothing to do with what happened in the US in Sept 2001, they were mostly from Saudi Arabia, and if you think that the 'fate of the free world is in jeopardy' because of them I think you should open your eyes and stop being spoon fed misinformation by the scum British press.

The one and only reason that British troops are being slaughtered in the fields of Afghanistan is for oil & gas revenue, full stop.

You are talking absolute nonsense.

The Mujahedin/Taliban had absolutely nothing to do with what happened in the US in Sept 2001, they were mostly from Saudi Arabia, and if you think that the 'fate of the free world is in jeopardy' because of them I think you should open your eyes and stop being spoon fed misinformation by the scum British press.

The one and only reason that British troops are being slaughtered in the fields of Afghanistan is for oil & gas revenue, full stop.

We all have our own opinions. I think what you are saying is believable but I don't believe for a second that that is the only reason the British and US forces are out there. Remember a terrorist organisation owned up to those terror attacks in 2001 which is what kicked off the war in Iraq, there is obviously some element of revenge in what is going on at the moment. Whether or not those attacks had anything to do with oil and gas in the first place I don't know as I don't really know what the situation was before it happened..

Does he say "My name's Ross Kemp, I'm a talentless cnut that used to be in Eastenders, I'm now typecast as a knuckle head because that's all I can do"?

If not, it aint really Ross Kemp.

Last edited:
Does he say "My name's Ross Kemp, I'm a talentless cnut that used to be in Eastenders, I'm now typecast as a knuckle head because that's all I can do"?

If not, it aint really Ross Kemp.

Now that you mention it, I think he did say that!

On a side note, I think the series he did about hooliganism in Poland was really good as well.

Have to agree, it is one of the best things on TV at the moment. Just a shame that I have watched 'em all on youtube as b*****d Sky don't show on Virgin Media! :(

We all have our own opinions. I think what you are saying is believable but I don't believe for a second that that is the only reason the British and US forces are out there. Remember a terrorist organisation owned up to those terror attacks in 2001 which is what kicked off the war in Iraq, there is obviously some element of revenge in what is going on at the moment. Whether or not those attacks had anything to do with oil and gas in the first place I don't know as I don't really know what the situation was before it happened..

No they didn't Shaun, nobody 'owned up' to anything.
In fact before the coalition invaded Afghanistan the Taliban repeatedly said to the US that if they could provide any evidence that Osama Bin Liner had anything to do with those attacks then they would hand him over, no evidence was ever presented nor has been since. They were just intent on invading and had been massing troops around Afghanistan well before the September attacks in the States, which is the reason they were able to invade so soon after the attacks.

I'm not sure why you've mentioned Iraq because there has never been any suggestion that Iraq had anything to do with those attacks in the States nor any connection with Afghanistan, Al Queda or any other bogeymen that they've been trying to scare us with.
The only connection between Iraq & Afghanistan is that they were both invaded purely for profit.

Last edited:
No they didn't Shaun, nobody 'owned up' to anything.
In fact before the coalition invaded Afghanistan the Taliban repeatedly said to the US that if they could provide any evidence that Osama Bin Liner had anything to do with those attacks then they would hand him over, no evidence was ever presented nor has been since. They were just intent on invading and had been massing troops around Afghanistan well before the September attacks in the States, which is the reason they were able to invade so soon after the attacks.

I'm not sure why you've mentioned Iraq because there has never been any suggestion that Iraq had anything to do with those attacks in the States nor any connection with Afghanistan, Al Queda or any other bogeymen that they've been trying to scare us with.
The only connection between Iraq & Afghanistan is that they were both invaded purely for profit.

To be fair Bin Laden has admitted or at least claimed to be personally responsible for 9/11 - but that was only in 2005 I think.

To be fair Bin Laden has admitted or at least claimed to be personally responsible for 9/11 - but that was only in 2005 I think.

He hasn't ever admitted responsibility, that is all just US propaganda.

There was a tape released around 2005 that purports to be Bin Laden admitting responsibility but it is obviously not him (only bears a passing resemblance to Bin Laden, person in the tape is wearing jewellery, writes with right hand when Bin Laden is left-handed etc etc) which does make you wonder who produced the tape & why?

Last edited:
He hasn't ever admitted responsibility, that is all just US propaganda.

There was a tape released around 2005 that purports to be Bin Laden admitting responsibility but it is obviously not him (only bears a passing resemblance to Bin Laden, person in the tape is wearing jewellery, writes with right hand when Bin Laden is left-handed etc etc) which does make you wonder who produced the tape & why?

You've watched Loose Change!! ;)

You've watched Loose Change!! ;)

I have actually, but I'm not sure that that was covered in Loose Change, but it has been widely reported just not in the mainstream media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669