Rotherham Match Report IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

A game that on form, size of club, players, current league positions should have been a comfortable afternoon for us.

However we had 11 players who didn't seem to want to put on any sort of show for the 26,000 Leicester fans inside the cold Walkers Stadium. The only show I can refer this game to is a Horror Show.

We lacked in every area, ability, confidence, fitness etc. We no longer have this 'Foxes never die' attitude, we seem to have no attitude what so ever.

I took to my seat in H1, row E seat 179, and it was freezing. But plenty of goals, loads of singing, i'd soon be warm ???

5 minutes were barely on the clock, when a 'lively' Junior nearly punished us. We offered very little in reply. Morris was poor but he wasn't the only one. Gillespie who i thought was having a fairly decent game, made a dreadful pass back to goal. The ball was intercepted by Butler, Taylor was rounded but Dublin saved our blushes. Only minutes later were we made to pay. A poor attempt from Taylor to collect the ball, left it bouncing around inside the 6yd box, it was just a case of who was going to smash it into the net - Martin Butler !

Second half was really no better, the crowd were getting frustrated and were singing for Trev to come on. I think its fair to say he didn't change the game at all. The only bit of excitement for me in the second half was when Junior wanted to take a free kick, but Campbell-Ryce took it instead. Junior threw his arms and stamped his feet like a baby, and Campbell-Ryce marched over and shoved him out of the way. We had limited chances to equalise, Gillespie twice made lovely runs into the area and left it far too late to shoot. The game was very nearly over when we suddenly sprung into action. Firstly going extremely close, then hitting the cross bar in injury time.

The ref blew his whistle, and that was that. I left the stadium to 'Booooos and What aload of rubbish' The fans had every right to make their feelings known. It was the worst performance I witnessed this season.

Taylor - Came too early for the ball, and IMO was probably at fault for their goal. 5/10

Makin - Linked well at times with Gillespie, but not good enough. 5/10
Dublin - His aerial abilty and experience are probably keeping him in the team. Not a great game today. 5/10
Keown - Average 5/10
Stewart - Has bags and bags of abilty somewhere, just wish he'd show it. 6/10

Gillespie - Could have scored twice, his crossing IMO is fine, just lacking in confidence. 6/10
Nalis - Average 5/10
Gudjonnson - Another player who has bags of ability. Quiet today. 6/10
Morris - Made 2 decent runs in first half. Nothing else. 4/10

Connolly - No service, runs his bollocks off. Chases dead balls, when were struggling in midfield he's there. In our current set-up he will score fck all. No opportunities given to score today. 6/10
Scowcroft - For me a poor game. Won very little. Held the ball well when he had it, but seems to have got worse has the season has gone on. 5/10

I'm not going to even bother commenting on the subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669