Rufus Brevit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
...or however you spell his name

I was talking to a client the other day who is a Plymouth Argyle fan. He told me that RB was loaned out to us, with a view to a permanent move, because he had been a very naughty boy down in the west country with very serious allegations against him....

Does anybody else know anything about this?

Rufus has always had a reputation for being a bit of a lad, always up for a night out wiv the bruvvers (no stereotype intended) - he would have fitted in well with the crowd on la Manga (first edition, aka Stan's big night) I suspect. However I've never heard it alleged he was a real "wrong un".

If true, I would guess it was something of that nature - Plymouth may be home (temporary or permanent) to a lot of matelots, but it's a pretty conservative place

my guess would be rufus was brought in as a stop-gap to a vacant position, with more time and players being released i would imagine that RK will be looking more at a younger player (not difficult really) to fill that gap permanently

OldGit said:
Rufus has always had a reputation for being a bit of a lad, always up for a night out wiv the bruvvers (no stereotype intended) - he would have fitted in well with the crowd on la Manga (first edition, aka Stan's big night) I suspect. However I've never heard it alleged he was a real "wrong un".

If true, I would guess it was something of that nature - Plymouth may be home (temporary or permanent) to a lot of matelots, but it's a pretty conservative place

it's a working sea port with a population of a quarter of a million, home to a third of the national fleet, plus royal marine barracks and a dock yard.

whore houses a plenty making highfields look like a convent, mass brawls every weekend goverened by local devon and cornwall constabulary and military police.

some of the worst social deprevation in the country, and some estates that make braunstone (dodge) look like beverly hills. drugs prostitution, and violent street crime. have you been to plymouth. there are some lovely parts too, but conservative it aint.

cornishsoulfox said:
it's a working sea port with a population of a quarter of a million, home to a third of the national fleet, plus royal marine barracks and a dock yard.

whore houses a plenty making highfields look like a convent, mass brawls every weekend goverened by local devon and cornwall constabulary and military police.

some of the worst social deprevation in the country, and some estates that make braunstone (dodge) look like beverly hills. drugs prostitution, and violent street crime. have you been to plymouth. there are some lovely parts too, but conservative it aint.

apart from that whats wrong with plymouth :102: :icon_razz

cornishsoulfox said:

I wondered why MK had been so quiet today, en route no doubt....

cornishsoulfox said:

i was thinkin something similar when i read OG's post, he's either getting senile or he's such a mad bastard that Plymouth is tame by his standrds.

I met a bint from Plymouth in Ibiza and from my hazy memory of the night I now refer to her as '2 thumbs'....not because she had normal hands

I was not saying Plymouth was a quiet genteel place - I have been there & am quite familiar with the reputation of the Dockyard side of the City, but that does not mean that the place/area as a whole cannot be conservative in attitudes to such things as the reputational effects on the Football Club of one of it's players failing to act as a suitable role model. That was what I was meaning - that the club might well be more concerned than some to have him out of the way & the spotlight if he'd been a naughty lad.

Sorry if I have offended any proud sons of plymouth by seeming to suggest they're not 'ard enuff ;)

OldGit said:
I was not saying Plymouth was a quiet genteel place - I have been there & am quite familiar with the reputation of the Dockyard side of the City, but that does not mean that the place/area as a whole cannot be conservative in attitudes to such things as the reputational effects on the Football Club of one of it's players failing to act as a suitable role model. That was what I was meaning - that the club might well be more concerned than some to have him out of the way & the spotlight if he'd been a naughty lad.

Sorry if I have offended any proud sons of plymouth by seeming to suggest they're not 'ard enuff ;)

ooooo, get you with yer fancy words! Who gets you dressed in the mornin? :icon_bigg

Macky said:
ooooo, get you with yer fancy words! Who gets you dressed in the mornin? :icon_bigg

No-one. I normally wait till Noon, after the butler has brought the ironed copy of the Times, the mail (carefully screened and sorted by size), a little kedgeree for breakfast and the mid-morning champagn cocktails;)

OldGit said:
No-one. I normally wait till Noon, after the butler has brought the ironed copy of the Times, the mail (carefully screened and sorted by size), a little kedgeree for breakfast and the mid-morning champagn cocktails;)

That would be cedible if you could spell Champagne correctly. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;)

My butler has his evening off. He normally does my spelling for me

OldGit said:
My butler has his evening off. He normally does my spelling for me
You didn't pick up on Stevens spelling mistake OG, I noticed it earlier but I thought it would gain a better response if you returned the quip

Steven said:
That would be cedible if you could spell Champagne correctly. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;)

who cannot spell........
36_1_19.gif

I'm far too courteous to do such a thing - and I wasn't sure if it was credible or edible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670