Rugby Pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

My main worry about the proposed ground share was whether the pitch would be good enough to play football on.

After seeing the way we played today on a 'rugby' pitch, I have no worries - as long as we get the same kind of pitch as they have at the Madejski.

Their pitch is in better condition than ours is at the moment, so it looks like sharing with th egg chasers could improve the pitch, if it means they'll spend more money on it.

Agreed. :wink: But however, imagine if the groundsmen forgot to take the rugby posts down.....at least then Scowcroft will get us 3 points every time he balloons a shot :D

webmaster said:
My main worry about the proposed ground share was whether the pitch would be good enough to play football on.

After seeing the way we played today on a 'rugby' pitch, I have no worries - as long as we get the same kind of pitch as they have at the Madejski.

Their pitch is in better condition than ours is at the moment, so it looks like sharing with th egg chasers could improve the pitch, if it means they'll spend more money on it.

The desso or is it dresso (can't remember) pitch which Reading have is one of two similar types of surface being considered. The pitch at Arsenal (although not tested by rugby) is the other.

Madjeski was interviewed on RL prior to the game & stated it cost them £300k, given that's a few years ago would estimate cost being closer to £400k now

All this ground share talk is really boring!

It's going to happen.

It doesn't matter if the pitch is sh!t cos we are!

I don't care what colour the seats are

Tradition gas gone.

Leicester Tigers are more famous than City

Rugby is a Sh!t game

City will own an asset sooner than they would at present.

So get over it. Things could be worse. City after administration could have been negotiating to play at Welford Road!!!!

Well Man U play rugby leauge on their pitch (I think) and after looking at it today it looked like it could use some investment! However the pitch at the Madjeski was quite good and i was actually suprized at the high quality of it

It would be a Desso pitch, they also provided the artificial surface that some of us will play on at the 5-a-side tournament.

I've tried to say from the start the pitch wouldn't be an issue, but at least the Reading pitch backs me up! If people's main worry is that side of things then the groundshare should not be an issue.

For the people who are worried about identity and ownership its still going to be a contentious share though.

Purplehaze said:

It's going to happen.

Tradition gas gone.

Rugby is a Sh!t game

So get over it. Things could be worse. City after administration could have been negotiating to play at Welford Road!!!!

Yawn, you only ever come out to say something about groundshare. Why can't you accept that some people don't like the idea, are they not entitled to an opinion? Just because you enjoy egg chasing it doesn't mean we all have to.

Yes it is going to happen...but only because the club never asked its season ticket holders to vote or express what they thought. I seem to remeber a nice democratic way of deciding whether we would be fosse or city. The club won't ask the question because they might not like the answer.

Call yourself a supporter. "it doesn't matter if the pitch is shite because we are." If it offends you so much stop coming! I happen to think we are a team on the rise. It will take time and patience to re-build. But most importantly it takes support. Negativity like yours can stay at welford road where you most likely reside.

You wouldn't care about the seat colour...because you only ever come on this forum to comment on the grounshare and rugby related matters.

Tradition might be gone for you, but I can see bags of pride in our tradition from our travelling support. I can see bags of pride in our tradition from the people who come on here to relect on the contribution of their club captain Matt Elliott, their favourate strikers, their favourate goalkeepers. I see tradition in the people who sit next to me every home game,in the cups and memorabilia we have in our beautiful stadium. I see tradition in the promotion we achieved, and the heartbreaking relegation that hit us all very hard. I see tradition in the blue and white, and the songs we sing at home and on the road. It might be dead for you, but thats because you want to sell it in favour of a super stadium.

Tigers are more famous than city to rugby fans.

And we will NEVER own the stadium if this goes ahead. Only 50%

Oh, and get over yourself!

SilverFox said:
Purplehaze said:

It's going to happen.

Tradition gas gone.

Rugby is a Sh!t game

Yawn, you only ever come out to say something about groundshare. Why can't you accept that some people don't like the idea, are they not entitled to an opinion? Just because you enjoy egg chasing it doesn't mean we all have to.

Yes it is going to happen...but only because the club never asked its season ticket holders to vote or express what they thought. I seem to remeber a nice democratic way of deciding whether we would be fosse or city. The club won't ask the question because they might not like the answer.

Call yourself a supporter. "it doesn't matter if the pitch is shite because we are." If it offends you so much stop coming! I happen to think we are a team on the rise. It will take time and patience to re-build. But most importantly it takes support. Negativity like yours can stay at welford road where you most likely reside.

You wouldn't care about the seat colour...because you only ever come on this forum to comment on the grounshare and rugby related matters.

Tradition might be gone for you, but I can see bags of pride in our tradition from our travelling support. I can see bags of pride in our tradition from the people who come on here to relect on the contribution of their club captain Matt Elliott, their favourate strikers, their favourate goalkeepers. I see tradition in the people who sit next to me every home game,in the cups and memorabilia we have in our beautiful stadium. I see tradition in the promotion we achieved, and the heartbreaking relegation that hit us all very hard. I see tradition in the blue and white, and the songs we sing at home and on the road. It might be dead for you, but thats because you want to sell it in favour of a super stadium.

Tigers are more famous than city to rugby fans.

And we will NEVER own the stadium if this goes ahead. Only 50%

Oh, and get over yourself!

I would have thought the (almost) complete lack of reaction by City fans gives the club a fair indication that the majority either don't care or are for it. The crap sit in, the lack of people at the discussion meeting, the lack of negative reaction to the FT, even the majority being for it on these kinds of forums means that the club don't see the point of doing a vote.

People may have misgivings and I respect that, but by the same token, those people against it have to accept that the majority either don't mind or are for it.

Is there anywhere inside the City boundary where another ground could be built, with say 40 thousand seats. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669