Rugby World Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they'll just manage to avoid losing. That Nike away kit with the numbers peeling off the back and gay white boots makes them look like low-rent All Blacks - not a good look anywhere but especially not in NZ.

Came through in the end, fair play to the Bargies, they played well.

Thought Ben Youngs changed the game in Englands favour when he came on.

Some woeful kicking by both teams. Wonder how much the enclosed stadium attributed to it.

Can see the Argies doing the Jocks.

Ireland beat the Aussies today meaning if they beat Italy it is likely to be a Ireland v Wales/Samoa quarter-final.

Although I'm not particularly confident that we'll beat Samoa from past experience.

Ireland beat the Aussies today meaning if they beat Italy it is likely to be a Ireland v Wales/Samoa quarter-final.
I'm in Sydney and watched the Aussies lose in the pub here. Feck that was a magic afternoon!

I went in there saying I really didn't care and tried to be inmpartial but it was hard not to be smug when they were loosing. I really couldn't help it. Few Irish supporters and me beaming!

Last edited:
I'm in Sydney and watched the Aussies lose in the pub here. Feck that was a magic afternoon!

I went in there saying I really didn't care and tried to be inmpartial but it was hard not to be smug when they were loosing. I really couldn't help it. Few Irish supporters and me beaming!
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I was in a house full of Australians (one of whom had spent the previous two months saying how shit England were) when some blokes in white won the World Cup in Sydney. Very satisfying.

Scotland lose against Argentina :icon_lol:

Now means they need to beat England by 7+ points now, which won't happen.

It looks like the QFs will be
Irleand v Wales
France v England
SA v Australia
Argentina v NZ

This would mean a southern hempishere team vs northern hemisphere final.

Irleand v Wales
France v England
SA v Australia
Argentina v NZ

That must have taken some planning.

Irleand v Wales
France v England
SA v Australia
Argentina v NZ

Well at the moment Scotland will win by more than 10 points - England are playing shit Wilkinson ahs missed 3 penalties and Scoland are all over us like a rash. 6-0 at the moment but it could be much more. England look rabbits caught in the headlights.

England needs a new coach to build for 2015. This has been a woeful tournament for England for so many reasons, particularly the rugby as far as I am concerned. :icon_conf

Who gives a shit

Posh boy rugger bugger wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673