Rumour: McLeish resigns at Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Doing the rounds on Twitter.

Unhappy with the failed deal to sign George Boyd. Owners allegedly pulled the plug at the last minute because there were concerns about the players vision .... but then wanted to take him on loan. :icon_conf

P'Boro chairman not happy:

Apparently after playing 300 games in 6 and half years, his vision isn't 20/20 so no deal. Total disgrace the whole thing.

I've not seen the rumours about McLeish though and I follow about 7,201 football accounts on Twitter? Would be funny if it's true though.

People who seem in the know at Forest believe he's gone and they also believe the owners haven't got a pot to piss in.

Doing the rounds on Twitter.

Unhappy with the failed deal to sign George Boyd. Owners allegedly pulled the plug at the last minute because there were concerns about the players vision .... but then wanted to take him on loan. :icon_conf
And we're not talking in the football sense either Notts, are we? All seems very odd

I tweeted an ex-BBC Football writer (now writing on another site) that's a big Forest fan, and he said that as far as he can tell so far, no truth to the McLeish thing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/01/nottingham-forest-alex-mcleish

Barry Fry has branded Nottingham Forest's owners a "disgrace to the game" after George Boyd's proposed move from Peterborough to the City Ground fell through because of an eye problem.

Fry, Peterborough's director of football, launched a scathing attack on the Al-Hasawi family, Forest's Kuwaiti owners, amid rumours that Alex McLeish, the Forest manager, was so furious with the lack of transfer activity at the Championship club that he had resigned. Forest on Thursday night insisted that McLeish remains in charge.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he walked over this. I can't understand why they called it off 12 hours after his medical and after Alex spent three weeks trying to get the player. We've never had any problems with George and he's in bits. Alex still wanted to do the deal but the owners said no."

So does this finally put paid to their chances of winning the Champions League this season?

Got to feel sorry for Boyd - pretty sure he didn't see that coming...

In charge for tomorrows game, but likely to be gone by Monday or Tuesday according to Talksport.

In charge for tomorrows game, but likely to be gone by Monday or Tuesday according to Talksport.

He is relishing it according to this.
"I would expect the Birmingham fans to probably to give me the bird," McLeish told BBC Radio Nottingham earlier in the day. "But at the same time I am delighted to be back there again.

"I am recharged again and enjoying this job and I hope we can go to St Andrew's and win."
However this was said before the fiasco with Boyd came to light.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21264805

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670