Ryan McGivern

Status
Not open for further replies.
A prima donna who gave this little club of mine more in his reign than any other has even got close to....

Honestly...It comes to something when MON gets slagged off on here. Roll on the season, this is absurd.
Yeah, wot he said. :038:

A prima donna who gave this little club of mine more in his reign than any other has even got close to....

Honestly...It comes to something when MON gets slagged off on here. Roll on the season, this is absurd.

Ditto! FFS :038::bang::038:

For me this could mean Mattock moving to left midfield or defensive centre mid.
Possible?

Or McGivern is just quality full back coverfor the squad similar to Gilbert coming in last year.

Let's not forget we've got Nielsen in at RB with Luke O'Neill and Morrisson for cover.

Powell is here as a coach and mentor - and will play very little.

Possible?

Or McGivern is just quality full back coverfor the squad similar to Gilbert coming in last year.

Let's not forget we've got Nielsen in at RB with Luke O'Neill and Morrisson for cover.

Powell is here as a coach and mentor - and will play very little.

I try to keep up but I missed this too. I think it is great if Powell is here for another year in a coaching role, but has anyone got some sort of official link to this other than the usual 'my mother's hairdresser is shagging a steward so knows everything' type of link.

By that you mean he ****ed us up big time with his ego?

Mentalist.

I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but I have such respect/sentiment for O'Neill that I actually want Villa to do well...at least until we are in the same league...In which case I hope the whole squad catches smallpox.

The 2nd part of this sentance makes me glad that the fans views don't get taken into account In terms of team selection.

O'Neil did a lot for this club on the pitch and brought us more success than we have had in a long time. But that doesn't mean he didn't do a fair amount of lasting damage in the background that contributed to our financial difficulties. If we had taken the GO4 side instead of his as fans we may have ended up better off in hindsight.

Mentalist.

I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but I have such respect/sentiment for O'Neill that I actually want Villa to do well...at least until we are in the same league...In which case I hope the whole squad catches smallpox.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

O'Neil did a lot for this club on the pitch and brought us more success than we have had in a long time. But that doesn't mean he didn't do a fair amount of lasting damage in the background that contributed to our financial difficulties. If we had taken the GO4 side instead of his as fans we may have ended up better off in hindsight.

This is true as he got rid of them and left 6 months later.

though to be fair he is still a legend.

This is true as he got rid of them and left 6 months later.

though to be fair he is still a legend.

He did very well, but certainly doesn't deserve to be seen with the blue tinted goggle that some see him with.

I really don't see why anyone would have too much to complain about MON with on here, just naievety on their part IMO. He assembled a team which won cups, entered Europe and competed at the highest level consistently. Any off the field issues had little to do with it, he left the club very healthy; it's the successors who have mainly ****ed it up.

I really don't see why anyone would have too much to complain about MON with on here, just naievety on their part IMO. He assembled a team which won cups, entered Europe and competed at the highest level consistently. Any off the field issues had little to do with it, he left the club very healthy; it's the successors who have mainly ****ed it up.

Exactly.

If you can't have 'Blue tinted goggle's for one of the greatest managers we've ever had then when can you! The guy took us from nowhere to winning cups and Europe. Personally i'll always be remember him for that.

Why is this even being discussed in a speculation thread??

He did very well, but certainly doesn't deserve to be seen with the blue tinted goggle that some see him with.

Yeah, those wembley trips were rubbish. And all those top ten premier league finishes. And all those donkeys he burdened the club with like Izzet, Elliott, Lennon, Taggart, etc etc....shit times were had by all...

The man is an unqualified legend and should be regarded with reverence and respect (as should my use of alliteration). If that makes me a mongie then so be it.

If MON fecked us up so much financially, where did his successor Peter Taylor get all that money to spend on Akinbyi (5.5mil), Jones (3mil), Rowett (3mil), Davidson (1.75mil), Benjamin (1.5mil), Creswell (950k), Marshall (600k) and Sturridge (375k), and the money to put the likes of Izzet and Elliott on 30k a week? :102: God knows what kind of wages Mancini was on.

(*How much did Junior Lewis cost, i cant find it?)

I cant recall any other manager in the clubs history having the luxury of spending over 16million on players in one season, in fact it seems MON may have left us in one of the healthiest financial states the club had ever been in.

I also want to see Villa do really well because MON is their manager, though i dont see why i would be slaughtered for it, are we supposed to hate Villa or something? :102:

IMO, a couple of people towards are pure anti-mongies, they just want to make contrary opinions to make them not seem like mongies. How any Leicester fan can think of MON as anything but a legend who did one of the greatest, if not the greatest managerial jobs in the clubs history is beyond me.

Last edited:
In reply to Alex,s post.
Which goes to show MON was the only person who new what he was doing, the rest of them were a bunch buffoons.

Last edited:
There is an argument to suggest MON played a game with the gang of four, and used his ego to win the day, some would suggest that was arrogant.....But is that it? Is that what we can levy against him? Cloughie was arrogant too right? As is Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger etc etc..

There is an argument to suggest MON played a game with the gang of four, and used his ego to win the day, some would suggest that was arrogant.....But is that it? Is that what we can levy against him? Cloughie was arrogant too right? As is Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger etc etc..

Too right!

I couldn't give a monkey's how MON ran the club, the most important thing is that we were successful.

Considering how we, as a club, have fared since he left highlights his achievements even more, I think.

Too right!

I couldn't give a monkey's how MON ran the club, the most important thing is that we were successful.

Considering how we, as a club, have fared since he left highlights his achievements even more, I think.

Or the state he left us in maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670