Ryan Sidebottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a backwards step IMO. The guy is 29. I guess Broad would have been there if not injured but would have preferred Onions over Sidebottom.

Answer me this, are we utter shit?

Bit of a backwards step IMO. The guy is 29. I guess Broad would have been there if not injured but would have preferred Onions over Sidebottom.
But Onions has done nothing in domestic cricket, one half decent season last year but still nothing to write home about.

Sidebottom does enjoy to be in the mix after his performances over the past few seasons, he might only be in the side because Hoggard and Lewis are injured but its not a bad selection.

Good to see Moores think outside the box, you dont need to be 6 foot whatever and 90mph to be a good bowler. Saj Mahmood need not apply.

I think the decision about Onions means that Broad is next in line, and Graveney pretty much said as much. Let's hope he comes back, gets a few wicdkets ready to take Harmy's place for the 3rd test.....

Harmy's poor, but still more of a threat than Sajid WasteOfSpace.

England's pace attack at present is either injured, out of form, or never had any form in the first place.

James Anderson has had enough chances, as has Mahmood, and Plunkett is adequate but nothing more. Somebody offer Simon Jones a body transplant and get the guy back in the side and fit a.s.a.p.

Now that Sidebottom is included, I confidently predict that Hick, Ramprakash, Ali Brown, Mark Butcher, Geoff Boycott, Gus Fraser and Fred Trueman will all play a part in England's future.

If we had a batting problem I wouldn't bet against Ramps making a comeback.....the guy is Bradman-esque in the country game at the moment

Sidebottom isn't that old, same age as Flintoff and younger than Hoggard :icon_razz

Last edited:
He isn't but he's playing his 2nd test match at the age of 29. Hoggard and Flintoff are older but have been playing test cricket a long time. I would have preferred a younger player but with all the injuries around I guess they had no real choice!

Fair play, he's done very well. I still think in the long-term he'll be seen as more of a horses-for-courses bowler who'll add some variety but won't worry strong batting line-ups (like India later in this year) especially on flat tracks.

Sideshow Bob's done better than I thought.
Lovely

sideshow_bob.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00